royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 374

帖子 royl » 周四 7月 26, 2012 2:07 am

二十笔实用成语 374

01. feature presentation, the
定义: 标准长度的电影; 重要的报告/展出/介绍.
例句: I can't wait to see tonight's feature presentation directed by Francis Ford Coppola. (我真迫不及待地想要看今晚由法兰西斯•福特•柯波拉所导演的电影)

02. fed to the gills/teeth, be
定义: 厌恶至极, 忍无可忍, 受够了.
例句: I don't know about you, but I'm fed to the gills with people constantly lying. (我不知道你的想法如何, 但我对那些谎话连篇的人厌恶至极)

03. fed up to the back teeth, be
例句: You been mistreating me long enough and I'm fed up to the back teeth with it. (你已经欺负我够久了, 我对你忍无可忍)

04. fed up with ..., be
定义: 对...厌恶, 忍无可忍, 受够了.
例句: I think that he is getting fed up with the constant demands of his boss. (我想他受够了他上司没完没了的要求)

05. fed up/fed up to here, be
例句: I'm fed up to here with his always coming late to work. (他总是上班迟到弄得我忍无可忍)

06. feds
定义: 美国联邦干员或官员; 美国联邦储备银行; 美国联邦政府.
例句: Feds are expanding access to an immigration database so that several states can use it to cleanse voter rolls. (联邦政府正扩大提供一个移民资料库的查询以便一些州政府利用它来清理选民名册)

07. feed off, to
定义: 从...取得力量, 能量或生存; 依靠...为生; 作为凭据或借口.
例句: Stay calm through the whole thing because it sounds like your daughter is looking for a rea​​ction and her anger feeds off of it. (你要在整个情况中保持冷静因为听起来你的女儿正在寻找一个反应作为她发怒的借口)

08. feed on/upon, to
定义: (多指动物)以...为生.
例句: At a court like this, where everyone feeds on flattery, truth is strangely out of place. (在像这样的朝廷里, 每个人都靠着别人的谄媚充门面, 真相却荒诞地让人感觉不协调.注: 这里的feeds on没有用"以...为生"而翻译为"充门面"是英语经常所提到的figuratively speaking, 象征性地说; 不可照字翻译)

09. feed one's face, to
定义: 吃饭; 大吃大喝.
例句: I'm starved, I'm going to feed my face. (我饿死了, 等下我要痛快地吃一顿)

10. feed someone lines/a line, to
定义: 对某人欺骗误导, 油嘴滑舌, 胡扯.
例句: I can usually tell when a guy is feeding me a line but he seemed sincere. (一般来说, 我能够看出一个人是否在胡扯但他当时看起来挺诚恳)

11. feed the bulldog, to
定义: 维持需求/开销, 令人满意/接受, 有用的. (注: 经常用在否定语气)
例句: If I thought denial would feed the bulldog, I would always do it. But I figured it out a long time ago that it changes absolutely nothing. (如果我认为拒绝承认现实是有用的话, 我肯定会每​​次都这么做. 但我老早就想通了, 拒绝承认现实根本改变不了现实)

12. feed the children, to
定义: 喂养儿童, 给小朋友准备饭食.
例句: My husband can fix his own supper but then I still have to feed the children before I go. (我先生可以弄他自己的晚餐, 但另一方面是, 在我离开之前我还是要给小朋友准备晚餐)

13. feed the kitty, to
定义: 小额捐款, 捐款给预备金.
例句: Come on, Bill. Feed the kitty. You can afford five dollars for a good cause. (拜托, 比尔. 捐点钱吧. 你拿得出五块钱做善事)

14. feed the meter, to
定义: 放零钱入路边停车收费器.
例句: I've got to run and feed the meter – I don't want to get a parking ticket! (我必须要快点出去放些零钱给停车收费器– 我可不想吃停车罚单!)

15. feed up, to
定义: 养壮, 养胖.
例句: We took this little puppy in, cleaned him up and fed him up. It turned out he belonged to a local elderly lady. (我们收留了这只瘦小狗, 把他洗干净并养胖他. 结果他原来是本地一个老太太的狗)

16. feed/throw/toss someone to the lions, to
定义: 于某人受攻击或遇困难时弃而不顾/明哲保身/置身事外.
例句: No one prepared me for the audience's hostility – I really felt I'd been fed to the lions. (没有人告诉我事先要准备应付观众的敌意– 我真感觉我受人攻击时被弃而不顾)

17. feeding frenzy, a
定义: 动物抢食疯狂; 对某热门新闻追逐的疯狂活动.
例句: A surfer in Western Australia has captured incredible footage of a feeding frenzy involving around 100 sharks and a whale carcass. (一名冲浪者在西澳洲拍下一段大约一百条鲨鱼疯狂抢食一条鲸鱼残骸的惊人影片)

18. feel a draft, to
定义: (在室内)感到一股气流; 感觉到被拒绝; 受到冷落.
例句: When Tom talks too much, Peter asks, "Does anyone feel a draft?" (当汤姆讲得口沫横飞的时候, 彼得问, "有没有人感觉受到冷落?")

19. feel as if/though
定义: 感觉好像, 仿佛.
例句: She made me feel as if I had committed a crime, but I was determined not to allow her influence my happiness so I just went off and started doing my own thing. (她让我感觉好像我犯了什么重罪似的, 但我决心不让她影响我的快乐心情, 因此我就转身离开做我自己的事情去了)

20. feel at home, to
定义: 感觉轻松自在, 不拘束. (注: 意指到别人家里或与某人相处时不拘谨)
例句: They went out of their way to make me feel at home. (他们不计麻烦尽量地让我感觉轻松自在)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Bing [Bot] 和 289 访客