royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 377

帖子 royl » 周二 8月 07, 2012 11:59 pm

二十笔实用成语 377

01. feel someone's collar, to
定义: [俚语](警员)逮捕嫌犯.
例句: If you carry on like that, the law will soon be feeling your collar. (如果你还是那样地我行我素的话, 你会很快地落入法网)

02. feel sorry for ..., to
定义: 怜悯..., 替...感到可惜/难过/婉惜.
例句: I feel sorry for him for a while after losing his job. (他失去工作之后我替他感到难过了一阵子)

03. feel sorry for oneself, to
定义: 自哀自怜, 灰心失望, 悔不当初.
例句: The thing is she's always feeling sorry for herself, complaining she's too fat although she's like a size 8 which is not fat at all. (问题是她总是自哀自怜, 抱怨她自己太胖虽然她好像是穿八号衣服的身材, 一点不胖)

04. feel strongly, to
定义: 坚信; 对...有强烈的意见或态度.
例句: Why did Americans feel strongly about western expansion and Manifest Destiny? (为什么美国人当时坚信向大西部扩张开发和天命扩张论?)

05. feel the financial pinch/sting, to
定义: 感觉到财务的紧缩或压力; 手头拮据.
例句: With the return to school approaching quickly, parents are feeling the financial pinch when it comes to supplies. (由于假期结束开学日子急速地接近, 一提起学生文具用品, 父母亲们就感到财务压力)

06. feel the heat, to
定义: 感觉到压力.
例句: Our staff are feeling the heat as the deadline approaches. (当截止日期逐渐逼近, 我们员工倍感压力)

07. feel the need to ..., to
定义: 认为有必要去...(做某事).
例句: At that time, I didn't feel the need to tell everyone about this. (在那个时刻, 我不认为有必要告诉大家这件事)

08. feel the pinch, to
定义: 感觉到财务的紧缩或压力; 手头拮据.
例句: Now that we have only one income, we feel the pinch. (由于我们只有一个收入, 我们感到手头拮据)

09. feel the pulse of ..., to
定义: 替...把脉, 设法寻找/决定...的意向或心情.
例句: We're still new to Austin, still scanning the crowd for familiar faces, still tr​​ying to feel the pulse of a community that has welcomed us with open arms. (我们仍旧对奥斯汀不熟, 仍然在人群里找熟悉面恐, 仍然试图寻找这个张开双臂欢迎我们的社区意向)

10. feel the same way about, to
定义: 颇有同感, 同样地认为, 也是这样想.
例句: I know exactly what you are talking about, and I feel the same way about it. (我完全明白你在说些什么, 我颇有同感)

11. feel under the weather, to
定义: 感到不舒适, 恶心难过.
例句: I'm feeling a little under the weather – I think I may have caught a cold. (我感觉有点不舒服– 我想我可能着了凉)

12. feel up to, to
定义: 准备好, 感到有信心(去做某事).
例句: I know the accident was a terrible shock. Do you feel up to talking about it? (我知道这起事故是件令人极为震惊的事. 你准备好要谈论它吗?)

13. feel up, to
定义: [俚语]性抚摸; 玩弄别人身体.
例句: I heard him say he really wanted to feel up the girl. (我听见他说他很想要抚摸这个女郎)

14. feel used, to
定义: 感觉被人利用, 被人占便宜或被人糟蹋.
例句: He was supposed to get back to me, but he never did. I felt used and betrayed. (他本来应该要给我答覆, 但他一直没理我. 我感觉被人占便宜和背弃)

15. feel woozy, to
定义: 感到头晕目眩, 恶心, 手脚疲软, 昏头昏脑.
例句: She was already feeling woozy after her first drink. (喝了第一杯酒之后, 她已经头晕目眩)

16. feeling bad vs. feeling badly
定义: [易混淆字或片语]feeling bad难过, 不舒服, 沮丧等等之意; feeling badly有困难去感觉; 所以根本没人会用feeling badly, 因为几乎所有人说feeling bad是指难过,不舒服, 沮丧等等.

17. feet of clay, a
定义: 重大品格缺陷或弱点.
例句: The new Prime Minister has feet of clay and may not last very long in his new position. (这个新任首相品格上有重大弱点, 可能在他的新职位上做不了多久)

18. fell disease, a
定义: 致命的疾病.
例句: But a fell disease struck her, and she withered away before my eyes. (然而一个致命疾病侵入她的身体, 她的生命就在我们眼前枯萎凋谢)

19. fell off the back of a truck/ lorry, it
定义: (要卖的货品)可能是赃物或来源可疑.
例句: I recall Uncle Frank believed some of the best things in life we​​re cheap – especially if they fell off the back of a truck. (我回想起法兰克叔叔坚信人生一些最美好的东西是便宜的– 尤其是如果它们是赃货)

20. fell purpose, a
定义: 心怀不轨, 邪恶或恶毒的目的.
例句: But little did they know there were three juveniles lying in wait with a fell purpose that night. (但那天晚上他们并不知道在那儿有三个不良少年正心怀不轨地躲在暗处准备攻击他们)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 289 访客