royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 381

帖子 royl » 周四 8月 23, 2012 2:29 am

二十笔实用成语 381

01. fighting chance, a
定义: 尚可一博, 能获得成功的机会/希望.
例句: If I can get the job interview, I'll have a fighting chance. (如果我能取得这个工作面试, 我还有成功就业的希望)

02. fighting fit, be
定义: 非常健康/强壮的.
例句: Sugar can depress the immune system and we want it to be in a fighting fit condition. It's imperative to swap the refined foods for whole foods such as brown rice, oats, lentils etc. (糖能够抑制免疫系统, 而我们要它处于强健的状态. 把精制食物换成像糙米, 燕麦片, 小扁豆等全天然食物是必要的)

03. fighting mad, be
定义: 狂怒的, 大发雷霆, 怒气冲天.
例句: When dad finds out you've crashed the car, he'll be fighting mad. (如果老爸发现你撞坏了他的车子, 他会大发雷霆)

04. fighting spirit, a
定义: 斗志, 战斗精神.
例句: Our soldiers must have a fighting spirit; if you call it hating enemies, then we must hate with every fiber of our being. (我们的军队必须具有战斗精神; 如果你把它认为是仇恨敌人的话, 我们必须全心全力地仇恨敌人)

05. fighting words, the
定义: (挑起仇恨或打斗的)挑衅话语.
例句: Fighting words are intended to cause the hearer to react violently to the speaker, they are a category of speech that is not protected by the First Amendment. (挑衅话语是意图造成听者对言者激烈地反应, 它们属于不受到美国宪法第一修正案保障的一类言论. 注: 第一修正案是保护言论和新闻自由之条款)

06. figment of one's imagination, a
定义: 凭空想像/幻想出来的事.
例句: I thought I saw someone standing in the shadows, but it was just a figment of my imagination. (我以为我看到了有人站在阴影下, 但这只是我的凭空幻像)

07. figuratively speaking
定义: 象征性/比喻性地说.
例句: Sometimes people say, "It's a dog-eat-dog world", figuratively speaking of course, as an excuse when they have hurt another person. (有时候人们会说, "这是个无情竞争的世界", 这当然是个比喻性地说法, 作为当他们伤害别人的借口)

08. figure in, to
定义: 列入考虑.
例句: When we were preparing a budget, we forgot to figure in occasional travel expenses. (当我们拟定一套预算的时候, 我们忘了把偶尔旅行的费用列入考虑)

09. figure into, to
定义: 包括在内, 算入, 列入.
例句: Bank foreclosures on high-end real estate properties in the county were figured into the math for the most recent property tax hike. (本县高档房地产的银行查封被列入最近房地产增税的计算)

10. figure of authority/authority figure
定义: 权威人物.
例句: This figure of authority uses his power to make life difficult for those under his control. (这个权威人物利用他的权力让那些受他控制的人度日如年)

11. figure of contempt/fun/ridicule, a
定义: 被人鄙视的对象或人物.
例句: He has gone from a national hero to a figure of contempt. (他从一个国家英雄沦落为一个被人鄙视的对象)

12. figure on, to
定义: 考虑, 顾及; 依赖; 计划.
例句: My shoes were untied, but I don't care, I wasn't figuring on going anywhere. (我的鞋带已经解开, 但我无所谓, 我根本没计划去哪个地方)

13. figure out a way, to
定义: 想出一个办法.
例句: We need to figure out a way to crack this code. (我们需要想出一个办法来破解这个密码)

14. figure out, to
定义: 发现, 决定; 解决(问题); 彻底了解, 看穿.
例句: There are some people I can read really well, but I can't figure her out. (有些人我可以了若指掌, 但我没法了解她行为或意图)

15. figure up, to
定义: 计算, 总结, 总和.
例句: You need to figure up the costs for either scenario here. You may find that it's cheaper to keep her than it is to let her go. (你必须要计算这两个假设情况的成本. 你也许会发现留住她要比辞掉她更节省成本)

16. figurehead, a
定义: 傀儡, 挂名的首脑.
例句: Tom is just a figurehead; if you want a decision, see John. (汤姆只是一个傀儡; 如果你需要一个决定的话, 你去找约翰)

17. file a tax return, to
定义: 申报所得税.
例句: May I deduct the tax I paid on these goods when I file the sales tax return? (当我申报营业税的时候, 我可不可以把我这些货物所付出的营业税扣除?)

18. fill a need, to
定义: 满足一个需要.
例句: All you have to do is to identify a need, make a plan to fill the need, and take action. (你所需要做的是找出一个需要, 拟出一个满足需要的计划, 然后再采取行动.注: 意指谋定而后动)

19. fill in for ..., to
定义: 暂时代理...的职务.
例句: Professor ​​Newton is in the hospital and won't be able to teach for the rest of the term. Do you know who's going to fill in for her? (牛顿教授现在正住院, 下半学期不能再教课. 你知不知道谁会暂时代理她的职务?)

20. fill in the blanks, to
定义: 填空; 其余自己可以想出来; 由此可以取得结论.
例句: Bill: There was a big fight last night, then the neighbors called the police. Mary: Then what happened? Bill: Fill in the blanks. (比尔: 昨晚有人在这里大打出手, 之后邻居报了警. 玛莉: 然后又发生了什么事情? 比尔: 你自己想一想就知道了)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 283 访客