royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 383

帖子 royl » 周四 8月 30, 2012 7:29 am

二十笔实用成语 383

01. final nail on the coffin, the
定义: 促成...失败, 倒闭或灭亡的最后打击.
例句: I hated to tell Tom about this, it was like I had just hammered in the final nail on the coffin of their relationship. (我实在不愿意告诉汤姆这件事, 这看起来好像是我正好给予他们之间关系破裂的最后一击)

02. final/last straw, the
定义: 令人忍无可忍的最后打击. (注: 一连串的失望与屈辱令人忍无可忍地失去耐性)
例句: Everything's gone badly this week, and today I lost my wallet. That's the last straw. (这个星期每件事都不顺利, 今天我还把我皮夹给弄丢了. 这真是令人忍无可忍)

03. financial black hole, a
定义: 财务上黑洞, 填不满的财政漏洞.
例句: Don't hold your breath for any policy changes. Most politicians have been bought lock, stock and barrel by the same interests that profit greatly from these financial black holes. (别指望任何政策的改变. 大部分政客都已经被从这些财务黑洞获取暴利的同一批利益集团收买了)

04. financial freedom, the
定义: 财务自由. (注: 有富裕的财务来源, 不再需要为生活开销每天去上班)
例句: I'm tired of spending 50+ hours a week making my employer rich. On the other hand, I have no idea how to achieve financial freedom. (我厌倦了每星期工作五十多个钟头帮我老板发财.从另一方面说, 我完全不知道该如何做才能够达到财务自由)

05. financial help, the
定义: 金钱/经济/财务上的援助/资助.
例句: His father isn't around much and with a large number of siblings he needs financial help for his education. (他父亲经常不在家, 家里又有许多兄弟姊妹, 他的教育需要金钱资助)

06. financial incentives, the
定义: 金钱/经济/财务上的鼓励或激励.
例句: People will only use solar power if there are some financial incentives for them to do so. (如果给予他们一些刺激他们这样做的金钱奖励, 人们将只会使用太阳能)

07. financial meltdown, the
定义: 金融危机或崩盘.
例句: The global financial meltdown triggered by the subprime mortgage crisis is moving through national and international financial systems like a plague. (由次级房贷危机所引发的这个全球性金融危机像个瘟疫一般地从国内扩散至国际金融体系)

08. financially speaking
定义: 从财务/财政/金融的角度来说.
例句: Obama's plans are as ridiculous as promising a Moon Colony. Gingrich's promises were more unrealistic than Obama's financially speaking. (奥巴马的计划跟承诺一个月球殖民地一样地荒谬. 从财政角度来说, 金瑞奇的政策比奥巴马的计划还更不着实际)

09. find a balance of, to
定义: 寻求一个平衡.
例句: We need to find a balance of flavors. We don't make hams that taste primarily of salt, sausage that relies on MSG for flavor, or bacon that tastes only of a strong smoke. (我们需要在口味上寻求平衡.我们不能让火腿吃起来几乎都像吃盐一样, 依靠味精来提味的香肠, 或只尝到一股浓烟的培根)

10. find a golden mean, to
定义: 找到/取得巧妙的平衡. (注: 意指找到不足或过份中间的巧妙持平)
例句: He is able to find a golden mean between being too honest and being secretive. (他能够取得一个介于过分坦诚与神秘兮兮之间的巧妙平衡)

11. find a needle in a haystack, to
定义: 大海捞针, 几乎不可能的任务.
例句: It's pretty much finding a needle in a haystack because these parts are extremely hard to find. (由于这些零件非常难找, 这简直跟大海捞针一样)

12. find a way around, to
定义: 寻找一个逃避/避免/规避...的办法.
例句: If you want to find a way around a tax law, talk to Sammy. (如果你想要找一个逃避税法的方法, 你可以去问萨米)

13. find a way into/to her heart, to
定义: 尽力地赢得她的芳心, 取得她的爱.
例句: He tries to find a way to her heart. After several failed attempts he discovers that the easiest way to win her heart is to treat her with respect. (他尽力地想要取得她的芳心. 经过几次失败的尝试之后, 他发现最容易赢得她芳心的办法是尊重她)

14. find a way out, to
定义: 找一个解决办法, 找一条出路.
例句: My sister's been beat up many times by her boyfriend but she keeps going back to him. If she had had a little sense, she would've found a way out of this abusive relationship long ago. (我妹妹曾多次被她男友痛殴但她还继续回到他身边. 只要她用一丝判断力, 她早就会想办法脱离这个受凌虐的感情关系)

15. find a way to ..., to
定义: 想办法去...
例句: Don't worry. I'll find a way to make it work. (别烦恼. 我会想办法把它修好)

16. find a/one's home, to
定义: 寻找一个家; 寻找有归属感的地方.
例句: I have found my home in kindergarten. I love watching the children's eyes as they discover and learn new things. (我已经在幼儿园找到我的归属. 当小朋友发现或学习到新东西的时候, 我喜爱注意他们的闪亮眼神)

17. find approval/favor, to
定义: 寻求别人的认同/嘉许/喜爱.
例句: As long as I'm grateful for what I already have and accepting of the things I don't, I don't need to find approval from others. (只要我对于我现在所拥有的知足并接受我所缺乏的事实, 我不需要寻求别人的认同)

18. find fault with ..., to
定义: 挑剔...错误, 失误; 批评...
例句: He is always finding fault with everything that I do. (他总是挑剔我做的每件事)

19. find fault, to
定义: 挑剔(别人)错误, 失误; 批评; 找碴.
例句: I don't want to be around a guy who is always finding fault. (我不喜欢跟一个总是挑剔别人错误的人在一起)

20. find it in one's heart to do something, to
定义: 尽力, 勉为其难, 忍得下心去做某件事.
例句: I could not find it in my heart to tell the young employee that she could not continue to work at our company. (我实在忍不下心告诉这个年轻职员她不能继续在我们公司做下去)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 295 访客