royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 405

帖子 royl » 周三 10月 24, 2012 10:18 pm

二十笔实用成语 405

01. for real
定义: 是真实地, 真诚的, 严肃地.
例句: This time is for real. I'm not kidding you. (这次是真的. 我不跟你开玩笑)

02. For real?
[成语句型]是真的吗?

03. for reasons best known to oneself
定义: 出于唯有他自己知道的原因.
例句: For reasons best known to herself, Mrs. Chen uses newspaper for wrapping food rather than aluminum foil, which seems odd. (只有她自己知道原因, 陈太太不用铝箔纸而使用报纸包食物, 让人觉得奇怪)
图片
包装食物的铝箔纸

04. for rent
定义: 出租.
例句: When looking for an apartment for rent in Houston, the most important thing to consider is the lease. Carefully read your lease thoroughly before signing it. (当你在休士顿找出租的公寓时候, 最重要的一件事是注​​意它们的租约. 在签字之前要先仔细地读完你的租约)

05. for sale
定义: 出售中.
例句: Is your house for sale? (你的房子要卖吗?)

06. for sale vs. on sale
定义: [易混淆字或片语]for sale是你要卖出货品, 但你将价钱降低出售就是on sale.

07. for shame!
定义: 真丢人! 不害臊! 可耻! 可惜!
例句: "Tom was caught in bed with his neighbor." "For shame!" ("汤姆和他的邻居被人抓奸在床." "真丢人!")

08. for sheer enjoyment
定义: 纯粹为了乐趣地.
例句: Children need to play for sheer enjoyment with no intention of gaining anything. (小朋友需要纯粹为了乐趣比赛而不是为了想赢得到什么奖品)

09. for shock value
定义: (惊人之举)纯为了哗众取宠.
例句: The TV show is exploiting bad behavior for shock value and ratings. (这个电视节目利用恶劣行为来哗众取宠和提高收视率)

10. for short
定义: 缩写, 简称. (注: 例如高清晰度电视high-definition television, or HDTV for short或​​缩写为HDTV)
例句: My name is Stanley, most people call me "Stan" for short. (我的名字是斯坦利, 大部分人都简称我"斯坦.")

11. for show
定义: 做个样子, 摆给人看, 作秀, 故作姿态.
例句: I believe this guy actually believes this crap that comes out of his mouth and that it's not just for show. (我相信这个人还真的相信他自己所说的荒谬言论而不只是摆给人看的)

12. for some reason (or other)
定义: 不知何故, 不知为什么.
例句: For some reason, I can no longer edit posts I've made. (不知为什么我不能再修改我的贴文)

13. for some time
定义: 有一段时间.
例句: The technology has been around for some time now, but it is only of late that it is making ripples in the upstream production pond. (这个技术已经存在一段时间, 但只有在最近才对上游工业产生连锁影响)

14. for starters
定义: 首先, 第一个, 作为开始.
例句: You've got to put down a deposit of $500 first, and that's just for starters. (你必须先缴五百元保证金, 而这仅仅是个开始)

15. for sure
定义: 无疑地, 确定地, 肯定地.
例句: I will go to the movie with you for sure next week. (下礼拜我肯定会跟你去看电影)

16. for that matter
定义: 除此之外, 并且, 此外...还; 对于此事, 对于那件事.
例句: I don't want to go shopping with you and for that matter I don't want to go anywhere with you. (我不想跟你去逛商店, 并且, 我不想跟你去任何地方)

17. For that matter or anything else, you're wrong.
[成语句型]无论如何, 你是错的. (注: 本可译为, 不论是关于那件事或其他的事, 你是错的)

18. for the asking
定义: 只要要求就可取得, 想要就可取得, 有求必应, 免费索取.
例句: Do you want to use my car? It's yours for the asking. (你想用我的车吗? 你想用就用)

19. for the best
定义: 出于好意; 长远来看还是最好的结局; 结果/结局反而更好. (注: 意指虽然眼前/当时情况并不看好)
例句: I didn't get into the college I wanted, I couldn't afford it anyway. It's probably all for the best. (我没读这所我想要进的大学, 反正我也读不起. 也许长远来看还是最好的结局)

20. for the better
定义: 渐入佳境, 转好, 进入佳境, 朝好的方向发展.
例句: There is no guarantee, after all, that those changes will be for the better. (尽管这是没有保证的, 那些改善将会朝好的方向发展)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 219 访客