royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 406

帖子 royl » 周一 10月 29, 2012 9:33 pm

二十笔实用成语 406

01. for the birds
定义: 毫无价值的, 枉然的, 荒谬可笑的.
例句: This movie is for the birds. We might as well leave now and grab something to eat. (这部电影一点意思都没有. 我们不如现在离开, 买点东西吃)

02. for the children
定义: 为了儿童/小朋友/后代子孙.
例句: It's time that these politicians feel the heat at least as much as we do. I fear for our children's futures and our ability to feed our families. (这些政客也应该起码受到我们一样的压力. 我为我们子孙的前途以及我们养家活口的能力担忧)

03. for the chop
定义: 将要被辞退/关闭/裁撤/撤销.
例句: My boss has already been fired and I will be next for the chop. (我的上司已经被辞退, 下一个将轮到我被解雇)

04. for the common good/commonweal
定义: 为了大家的福祉, 为了公益.
例句: You did it for the common good, and how you personally feel about it is irrelevant because it's the right thing to do. (你为了大家的福祉做了这件事, 你对此事的私人感受并不重要因为这是一件该做的事)

05. for the country as a whole
定义: 作为一个国家, 对于国家(整体).
例句: Living in a divided nation makes it harder to be a patriot. It's vital to advocate for the country as a whole as opposed to merely our own perspective. (活在一个意见分歧的国家里很难成为一个爱国者. 拥护一个整体的国家而不只是坚持我们自己的观点是极为重要的)

06. for the first time
定义: 第一次, 头一遭.
例句: For the first time, I can finally call this house home. (这是第一次我终于可以称这栋房子为我的家)

07. for the fun of it
定义: 为了乐趣, 消遣或好玩, 为了闹着玩地.
例句: Space technology should be followed up to some degree for national defense purposes not just for the fun of it or for science. (航天科技在某种程度上应该贯彻在国防用途上而不只是为了乐趣或科学而研发)

08. for the good causes
定义: 为了善举, 为了义举.
例句: While we're raising money for the good causes, we can sometimes get rather ahead of ourselves. (在我们为了善举募款的时候, 我们有时候会稍微操之过急)

09. for the good of ...
定义: 为了有益于或有助益...
例句: John took a second job for the good of his family. (为了帮助家计, 约翰找了第二份工作)

10. for the heck/hell of it
定义: 为了好玩/好奇/闹着玩; 不为某一原因, 只是一时随兴(而做或要做).
例句: I decided to go over there and take a look myself just for the heck of it. (为了满足好奇, 我决定走一遭到那儿亲自瞧一瞧)

11. for the high jump, be
定义: 将受惩戒, 责骂或处分.
例句: I shall be for the high jump if I make a mess of these invoices again. (如果我再把这些发票做错的话, 我肯定会受到责骂)

12. for the last time
定义: (这是)最后一次.
例句: For the last time I'm telling you no and I mean it. (我最后一次告诉你不行, 我是跟你说真的. 注: 意指不行就是不行)

13. for the life of me, can’t
定义: 怎么, 一点(也想不通/想不起来).
例句: I can't for the life of me, figure out why she stays with him. (我怎么也想不通她为什么还跟他在一起)

14. for the longest time
定义: 很多年, 好久, 好长时间.
例句: I'm just wondering what happened to the Huangs, since I haven't heard about them for the longest time. (由于我很多年没听到他们的消息, 我正想知道黄家的人怎么样了)

15. for the love of ...
定义: 为了...的缘故.
例句: For the love of honor, these corporations must understand that in the wireless game, they can no longer nickel-and-dime customers to death. (为了维护名誉, 这些公司必须了解在无线通讯的行业里, 他们已经无法一点一滴地把客户榨穷了)

16. for the love of God/ Mike/Pete!
定义: [惊叹语]天啊! (注: 表达不耐烦, 惊讶或急切恳求)
例句: For the love of God, quiet down! I'm trying to get some sleep here. (帮帮忙, 安静下来! 我想要睡一会儿)

17. for the love of it
定义: 因为喜爱/兴趣/热衷之故.
例句: "Do you sell your quilts?" "O​​h no, I make them just for the love of it." ("你卖不卖你的拼花被子?" "哦不, 我只是为了兴趣才缝制它们." )
图片
拼花被子

18. for the moment/for the time being/for the present
定义: 暂时, 目前, 暂且, 眼下, 一时之间.
例句: This will do for the time being. (目前是够了/暂且就做到这里吧)

19. For the moment, the shower is kept offshore.
[成语句型]目前大雨还局限于外海.

20. for the most part
定义: 大多数, 大多, 大体来说.
例句: This subdivision has always been considered safe, and for the most part, it still is. (这个住宅区一直被人认为安全, 大体来说, 它还是安全)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 220 访客