royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 409

帖子 royl » 周六 11月 03, 2012 2:29 am

二十笔实用成语 409

01. forever/ever after
定义: 自此之后, 永远.
例句: She remembered him fondly ever after. (自此之后, 她深情地怀念他)

02. forge ahead, to
定义: 稳重地前进; 突然全力加速前进.
例句: I began to forge ahead despite the painful hardships. Soon customers started to ask me to take on small jobs. (尽管令人痛苦的重重困难, 我仍旧稳健地开展生意. 没多久, 客户们开始要求我承包一些小型业务)

03. forge into the lead, to
定义: 加速冲刺领先.
例句: The team's shrewd choice of tires enabled Chris Atkinson to forge into the lead of the rally early on. (这个团队对车胎的睿智选择导致克里斯•爱特金森于车赛初期得以冲刺领先)

04. forge/enter into/form an alliance, to
定义: 建立同盟.
例句: Emperor Wu of the Han dynasty was anxious to forge an alliance with the people of the Great Yuezhi of central Asia to offer common resistance to the Huns. (汉武帝急于与位于中亚的大月支人建立同盟, 倡议共同抵御匈奴)

05. forged passport/signature, a
定义: 伪造的护照/签字.
例句: Yu was caught sitting an English language examination for someone else in Norwich with a forged passport on March 10. (三月十日, 余嫌于诺里奇利用伪造护照代替别人考英语考试被逮捕)

06. forget (about) it, to
定义: 不客气, 算不了什么; 别管它, 别把它当​​回事; 算了吧; 到此为止.
例句: I'm not interested in joining your club. Forget it! (算了吧! 我没兴趣参加你们的社团)

07. forget about, to
定义: 忘掉, 忘却; 不去想, 不管它.
例句: Damn! I forgot about my cereal and now it's soggy. (完蛋! 我忘了我的谷片, 现在泡烂了)
图片
浇上牛奶的谷片

08. forget one's manners, to
定义: 忘了自己的礼貌.
例句: When I reached in front of Mike, he said, "Forget your manners?" (当我越过麦克挟菜时候, 他说, "忘了你的礼貌吗?" 注: 在美国, 穿越别人面前一般是不礼貌. 非要越过的话, 说声, "Excuse me"即可. 但吃饭时, 千万别越过半个桌面挟菜. 请求别人把整盘食物传给你, 取好食物后再传回去即可)
图片
餐桌上的传递火鸡肉—Pass me the turkey, please.

09. forget oneself, to
定义: 放纵, 得意忘形, 失态.
例句: She forgot herself last night and said some things that she later regretted. (她昨晚得意忘形, 说了一些她事后悔恨的话)

10. Forget you and the horse you rode in on!
[成语句型]走开!

11. Forget you! I won't do what you tell me.
[成语句型]去你的! 我才不听从你的命令.

12. forgive a debt, to
定义: 赦免或免除一笔债.
例句: You can't forgive a debt if you're legally unable to collect. (如果你不能合法地催讨这笔债的话, 你无权免除它)

13. forgive and forget, to
定义: 宽容大度, 不计前嫌; 不念旧恶.
例句: I might forgive and forget, but I'm more likely to get mad and get even. (我也许会不计前嫌, 但我更可能会怒目相向, 跟你算帐)

14. forgive me for saying so
定义: 原谅我这么说, 恕我不客气地说. (注: 意指在交谈中使用的客气话, 也就是准备要说一些对方可能不能接受的观点)
例句: Forgive me for saying so, but I doubt you know me any more than a passing face would. (恕我不客气地说, 你根本不了解我/你不会比任何路人更了解我)

15. fork in the road, a
定义: 道路分岔.
例句: Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked. (爱莉斯走到了一个道路分岔. 她问, "我该走哪条路?")
图片
道路分岔

16. fork out/over/up, to
定义: 付款; 捐献; 交出.
例句: The mugger told me to fork over my money or he was going to shoot me. (这名抢匪要我把钱交出来否则他将开枪射杀我)

17. fork-tender
定义: [形容词](食物)炖, 烤到嫩软.
例句: Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for about 3 hours at 325 degrees, basting every 30 minutes with the meat juices, until the beef is fork-tender. (用铝箔纸把烤盘封紧, 于325度烘烤大约三个钟头, 每三十分钟用肉汁浇洒牛肉, 直到肉质烤到嫩软)

18. form a government/company/coalition/partnership, to
定义: 成立政府/公司/联盟/合伙关系.
例句: The Dodge brothers formed the company and manufactured quality automobile through cheap prices and upgraded technology. (道奇兄弟成立这家公司, 利用廉价与提升的技术, 制造优质汽车)

19. form a habit, to
定义: 养成习惯.
例句: It's just as easy to form the habit of succeeding as it is to succumb to the habit of failure. (养成成功的习惯和向失败的习惯屈服是一样地容易. 注: 意指, 如果追求成功与跟失败妥协所付出的代价相同的话, 为何不追求成功呢?)

20. form a human chain, to
定义: (手牵手)形成人链.
例句: Women formed a human chain to carry bricks used in the reconstruction of Dresden, March 1946, after allied bombing had destroyed the city in February 1945. (于1945年二月联军轰炸摧毁了这座​​城市之后, 1946年三月, 女人们形成人链传递使用于重建德瑞斯登的砖块)
图片
女人们形成人链传递使用于重建(德国)德瑞斯登的砖块

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 229 访客