royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 413

帖子 royl » 周五 11月 09, 2012 2:23 am

二十笔实用成语 413

01. freeze up, to
定义: 不工作, 失灵, 当机, 动弹不得; 表现僵硬态度; 表现冷漠.
例句: Many computers freeze up because their source for RAM is inadequate to the programs that they are running all at once. (许多电脑当机是因为它们供应给所有同时执行的程序所使用的随机存取记忆体不充足)
图片
随机存取记忆体

02. freeze wages, to
定义: 冻结薪水的涨幅, 暂时不加薪.
例句: To control spending, our company decides to freeze our wages for one year. (为了控制支出, 我们公司决定冻结薪水一年)

03. freezing cold, be
定义: 冰天冻地的, 极冷的.
例句: The room was freezing cold. Either the thermostat or the heater did not work. (这个房间极冷. 如果不是恒温调节器就是暖气机坏了)
图片
电子数位化的恒温调节器

04. French fries
定义: 炸薯条.
例句: French fries are my weakness. I'll admit that the thought of crispy, salty fries makes my mouth water. (我很喜欢炸薯条. 我承认一想到香脆, 沾上盐的炸薯条我就流口水)
图片
炸薯条

05. French fry short of a happy meal, a
定义: 傻傻的; 哪根筋不对.
例句: The woman is a French fry short of a Happy Meal and calls me ever day. ​​I have to record her harassing phone calls and forward them to my attorney. (这个女人不知哪根筋不对, 每天打电话给我.我不得不录下她的骚扰电话, 再交给我的律师处理)

06. French kiss, a
定义: 舌吻.
例句: When a couple is in love and in lust, it's not long before that hesitant first kiss and tentative meeting of lips progresses to a full-blown French kiss. (当一对情侣在热恋中和渴望性欲的时候, 他们没多久就会从难为情的第一吻与短暂的四唇接触发展至彻底的舌吻)

07. French leave, a
定义: 仓促, 偷偷地离开, 不告而别, 擅离职守, 翘班.
例句: I excused myself from the loud conference room with every intention of taking French leave. (我礼貌地离开这个喧哗的会议室打定主意要翘班)

08. fresh as a daisy, be (as)
定义: 休息充足, 精力充沛.
例句: My eyelids fluttered open. I felt fresh as a daisy after a well slept night. (我的眼皮眨动睁开. 经过一夜充足睡眠之后, 我感到精力充沛)

09. fresh from the oven, be
定义: 刚出炉的, 新鲜的, 崭新的.
例句: It doesn't get any better than homemade bread, fresh from the oven, slathered in butter and drizzled with honey. (没有比自家烤的新出炉面包再涂上奶油和滴上蜂蜜还更可口)
图片
自家做的新鲜面包

10. fresh from, be
定义: 刚来的, 刚出来的.
例句: Our new students fresh from China are taught that, contrary to what they had always believed, the teacher does not know all, and they should question them. (相反于他们一直所相信的, 我们刚从中国来的新学生被教导, 老师并不知道所有的知识, 学生不应该对老师的教学照单全收)

11. fresh legs
定义: 清新, 精力充沛的选手或后补选手.
例句: When our defense is exhausted maybe we need fresh legs out there even if they aren't as good. (当我们的防御精疲力竭的时候, 也许我们需要一些精力充沛的后补选手即使他们并不熟练)

12. fresh off the boat, be
定义: [不尊重语]意指初来乍到的外国游客, 新移民或学生对美国生活习惯, 文化不熟悉, 说英语带浓厚乡音者.
例句: "Fresh off the boat" can also be used to describe the stereotypical behavior of new immigrants as, for example, their poor driving skills and their use of broken English. ("刚下船"也可用来带有成见地形容新移民的行为, 例如, 他们不熟练的驾驶技术以及他们说的蹩脚英语)

13. fresh out, be
定义: 刚来的, 刚出来的; 刚卖完的, 刚用完的.
例句: Sorry, We can't serve you scrambled eggs. We are fresh out of them. (抱歉, 我们不能提供你炒蛋. 我们刚卖完了)
图片
炒蛋

14. fresh pair of eyes, a
定义: 请别人来客观地仔细阅读某人的写作.
例句: A fresh pair of eyes may find many errors in this report. (再找令一人来仔细阅读这篇报告可能会找出许多错误)

15. fresh start, a
定义: 新的开始.
例句: Every morning is the sign that you can make a fresh start. It's never too late to do it. (每个早晨都是个你可以除旧布新的征兆. 开展新人生永远不迟)

16. freshen up, to
定义: 梳洗一翻, 变为清新有活力. (注: 意指去洗澡或洗脸后才变为清新有活力)
例句: If you want to freshen up, you can use our bathroom. (如果你要梳洗一翻的话, 你可以使用我们的浴室)

17. fret about/over, to
定义: 担心, 发愁, 烦恼.
例句: Just drive carefully and don't fret about being a few minutes late. (只要小心开车, 别担心几分钟的迟到)

18. Freudian slip, a
定义: 无意中吐露心声失言.
例句: It wasn't just a gaffe, it was a Freudian slip. (它不只是一个失礼, 它是一个无意中吐露心声的失言)

19. fricking/frigging/fucking
定义: [粗俗语] 他x的...! 可恨的...! 该死的...! (注: 意指表达愤怒或鄙视语气的形容词)
例句: Some of them are naysayers, some have mental problems, and some just fricking idiots. (这些人中有些是老爱唱反调的人, 有些是心理不正常的人, 有些则是不折不扣的该死蠢人)

20. Friday afternoon car, a
定义: 问题重重或低品质的车子. (注: 星期五下午, 汽车制造厂工人准备过周末无心工作, 所以制造的车辆品质不稳定)
例句: This doesn't sound like minor faults, it sounds like a Friday afternoon's car. If I were you, I would get rid it ASAP. (听起来这不像是一些小缺陷, 它倒像是一部问题重重的车子. 如果我是你的话, 我会尽快地把它脱手)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 255 访客