royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 415

帖子 royl » 周一 11月 12, 2012 10:16 am

二十笔实用成语 415

01. from a to z/from soup to nuts
定义: 从头到尾, 自始至终, 彻头彻尾.
例句: She told us everything about what happened, from A to Z. (她告诉我们整件事情从头到尾的经过)

02. from above
定义: 从高处, 从上面, 从天上; 由上级交待下来.
例句: We just obey orders from above. (我们只是服从上面交待下来的命令)

03. from anywhere around the world
定义: 从世界任何一个地方或角落.
例句: Can we access the live webcams from anywhere around the world through our smart phones? (我们可不可以经由我们的智慧型手机连接上世界任何一处的现场网路摄影机?)
http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/
这是纽约市时代广场的现场网路摄影机连接网址

04. from below
定义: 从低处, 自低处来, 下层/基层来的.
例句: In order to force the authorities to pay attention to the voices from below, we have to protect whistle-blowers. (为了促使政府注意基层的声音, 我们必须要保障弊案揭发者的安全)

05. from beneath
定义: 从底下, 从...底下.
例句: She awoke to the sound of her dog barking, grabbed a handgun from beneath her pillow and shot at the moving shadow. (她被狗的叫声吵醒, 从枕头底下操起手枪, 射向这个移动的阴影)

06. from bitter experience
定义: 从过去的痛苦经验.
例句: Russians know from bitter experience that NATO forces in Afghanistan is up to its neck in hot water, so Putin wants them to stay put. (俄国人从过去的痛苦经验了解到在阿富汗的北约部队已经深陷泥淖, 因此普京希望他们继续留在那儿)

07. from both sides
定义: 从双方, 从两面.
例句: If I'm not mistaken the company traded with North Vietnam during the Vietnam War. It seems lots of people sought to benefit from both sides at that time. (如果我没弄错的话, 这家公司在越战其间也跟北越做生意. 看来当时许多人想左右逢源)

08. from cover to cover
定义: 从头到尾.
例句: I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. It's a joy to read from cover to cover. (我迫不及待想要取得这本书. 把这本书从头读到尾真过瘾)

09. from day one
定义: 从第一天起, 从一开始.
例句: Ever since I landed this job, I have been underpaid without benefits from day one. (自从我找到这个工作之后, 从一开始就工资过低也没有工作福利)

10. from day to day
定义: 日复一日, 不时地, 每天. (注: 请参考His opinions seem to change from day to day, 他的意见想法每天都不一样)
例句: If you don't deal with it from day to day, it piles up and just makes it worse. (如果你不日复一日地应付这个问题, 它会累积下去变得更棘手)

11. from end to end
定义: 从头到尾地.
例句: I watched the process from end to end but I couldn't find anything wrong. (我从头到尾都在注意这个过程, 但我没看出任何问题)

12. from every point of view
定义: 在各方面看, 无论从哪个角度看, 完全地.
例句: They are doing a rea​​lly good job and I think that they are the best from every point of view be it costs, quality or customer satisfaction. (他们实在做得很好, 不管是它的价格, 品质或客户满意度上, 我认为他们从哪个角度来看都是最好的)

13. from far and near
定义: 来自各处, 来自从四面八方.
例句: People came from far and near to pay their tribute to the fallen hero. (来自从四面八方的人们向这位为国捐躯的英雄致敬)

14. from hand to hand
定义: 传递, 转手, 从一个人传给另一人.
例句: In rare cases the bacteria can even be passed from hand to hand. It cannot, however be caught through kissing, sharing towels, baths, cups or from toilet seats. (在极少的案件里, 细菌甚至可以从一人传给另一人. 但是, 它不可能经由亲吻, 共用毛巾, 浴池, 杯子或马桶座板来传染)

15. from hand to mouth
定义: 勉强糊口; 生活于基本的条件下;​​ 生存于不稳定的环境下.
例句: They lived from hand to mouth, never enjoying luxury and travel. (他们仅能勉强糊口, 从来没法享受奢侈生活以及旅游)

16. from head to toe
定义: 全身地.
例句: My son was standing before me covered from head to toe with red rash. (我儿子站在我前面全身长满着红疹)

17. from hell
定义: 坏透, 糟透了, 令人无法忍受, 令人恐惧.
例句: In many cases, the real problem isn't a "client from hell" at all. It's actually a creative worker who's coming up short. (在许多案件里, 真正问题根本不是一个"令人无法忍受的客户. " 它其实是一个会找借口的员工失职所造成的问题)

18. from here on (in/out)
定义: 从现在起, 从这时起; 由此开始, 从这里开始.
例句: From here on in I'll make all the decisions. (从现在开始, 一切事情由我决定)

19. from house to house
定义: 挨家挨户地.
例句: He used to go from house to house selling cleaning products. (他过去曾挨家挨户贩卖清洁用品)
图片
清洁用品

20. from life
定义: (论及绘画)写真, 看着真人或物品作画.
例句: The most experienced artists know in an instant whether or not something was painted from life or from photos. (最有经验的艺术家们可以一眼看出某个作品是否是根据真人或是根据照片所画出的)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 251 访客