royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 416

帖子 royl » 周二 11月 13, 2012 6:53 pm

二十笔实用成语 416

01. from Missouri, I'm
定义: 我不轻易相信人. (注: 意指你没看到强而有力的证据是不会相信的)
例句: I am from Missouri. You have got to show me. (我不轻易相信人. 你必须拿出证据给我看)

02. from moment to moment/from one moment to the next/moment by moment
定义: 瞬息间, 刹那间.
例句: Our schedule has been changing from one moment to the next, so I really don't know what tomorrow will bring. (我们的行程一直瞬息多变, 因此我真不知道明天会是怎样)

03. from nothing to something
定义: 从无到有.
例句: When you start your business your goal should be to go from nothing to something great that improves people's lives while earning a living. (当你开创你的事业, 你的目标应该是从无到巨大成功, 在谋生的同时还可以改善人们的生活)

04. from now on
定义: 从现在起.
例句: From now on, no one can use my car without my permission. (从现在起, 没经过我的同意, 不准任何人使用我的车)

05. from on high
定义: 从上天或天堂来的, 从天上, 从高处, 由上级交待下来.
例句: The magnitude and severity of this storm left no doubt in my mind that this was a sign from on high. (这个风暴的强度与带来的伤亡在我看来无疑是一个上天对我们发出的征兆)

06. from one's heart
定义: 诚挚, 诚恳.
例句: He gave her a bouquet of ro​​ses with a message straight from his heart. (他送她一束玫瑰花并附上一份诚挚的留言)

07. from pillar to post
定义: 四处碰壁, 四处奔走.
例句: After getting fired, he went from pillar to post. (自从被解雇之后, 他四处碰壁)

08. from point A to point B
定义: 从甲地到乙地.
例句: It's pretty pathetic that our society has become spoiled by luxury cars. So long as the vehicle takes you from point A to point B, who gives a crap?! (真可悲, 我们社会被豪华车宠坏. 只要这辆交通工具把你从甲地载到乙地, 谁管它是什么车?!)

09. from rags to riches
定义: 由赤贫变为巨富, 白手起家. (注: 特指自力更生地致富)
例句: He went from rags to riches not once, but twice, and turned £150 into a multimillion-pound success. (他不只一次从赤贫变为巨富, 而是两次, 从一百五十英磅创造数百万英磅的成功)

10. from scratch
定义: 从头开始​​, 从零做起, 从第一步做起.
例句: We decided to build our house from scratch was that the current structure could not be renovated because of the rules. (由于建筑法规不允许翻修现有结构, 我们决定从头建造我的房子. 注: 意指把现有的房子拆了重造)

11. from side to side
定义: 从一边到另一边, 左右摇晃/摇摆.
例句: The creature tried to grab at the car and then jumped on its roof, clinging on to it as David swerved from side to side in an effort to shake it off. (当大卫忽左忽右地蛇行开车来努力地摆脱它, 这个怪物试图抓住这部车并随后跳上车顶并紧贴着不放)

12. from square one
定义: 从头开始​​, 从第一步做起.
例句: Sometimes mending fences requires starting from square one and rebuilding the relations. (有时候, 与人尽释前嫌必须要从头开始, 重新建立两人的关系)

13. from start to finish/from stem to stern
定义: 完全, 彻底; 从头到尾, 自始至终, 整个过程中.
例句: It was encouraging to see John stick with his approach from start to finish. (看见约翰在整个过程中坚持他的处理方式令人振奋)

14. from that day forth/forward
定义: 从那天起, 从那天开始.
例句: A man carelessly told me that my writing was inferior. From that day forward I was extremely self-conscious about my writing skills. (某人曾漫不经心地告诉我, 我的写作水平低劣. 从那天起, 我对我的写作技巧极为敏感不安)

15. from that perspective
定义: 从这个观点来看.
例句: From that perspective, you should speak your mind, otherwise you're giving people the impression that their actions are acceptable when it's not. (从这个观点来看, 你应当直言无隐, 否则你给人一个感觉, 你不在乎他们的不能令人容忍行为)

16. from that time on
定义: 从那时起.
例句: From that time on I have been proud to be associated with him, someone of high caliber. (从那时起, 我以跟他这样素质高的人为伍而自豪)

17. from the bottom of one’s heart
定义: 自心底发出, 由衷地, 真情流露.
例句: We thanked the man from the bottom of our hearts for saving our dog's life. (我们由衷地感谢此人拯救我们狗的性命)

18. from the cradle to the grave
定义: 从出生到死亡, 从摇篮到坟墓, 一辈子. (注: 特指西欧社会福利的完整性)
例句: We can't expect the government to take care of us from the cradle to the grave. We need to take personal responsibility for our actions. (我们不能指望政府照顾我们一辈子. 我们需要为自己的行为负责)

19. from the first
定义: 起初, 一开始.
例句: You should have realized it from the first. (你一开始就应该明白这件事)

20. from the frying pan into the fire/out of the frying pan, into the fire
定义: 每况愈下, 越来越糟的情况.
例句: I know that I'm not happy with my job, but if I make a change, I could end up going from the frying pan into the fire. (我知道我不喜欢我的工作, 但如果我做个改变, 我可能会面临越搞越糟的情况)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Bing [Bot] 和 233 访客