royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 417

帖子 royl » 周四 11月 15, 2012 2:09 am

二十笔实用成语 417

01. from the get-go/git-go
定义: 从一开始, 从第一天起.
例句: We didn't hit it off from the get-go. (我们一开始就合不来)

02. from the ground/bottom up
定义: 从头开始​​, 白手起家, 从下而上.
例句: The company was built from the ground up by two creative people. (这家公司是由两位有创意的人从头开始创立的)

03. from the housetops
定义: 大声地, 公开地, 让大家都听见/知道.
例句: I want to shout it from the housetops that I am able to use a computer just as well as a sighted person! (我想要让大家知道我能够跟没有视障的人一样地使用电脑! 注: 说话者显然是一位盲人)

04. from the inside out
定义: 从内到外, 全面地, 通​​盘地.
例句: My auto accident attorney works in this area of​​ law every day, and knows it from the inside out. (我的车祸律师每天在这个法律领域工作, 对这个业务通盘地了解)

05. from the off
定义: [美国]从一开始.
例句: Right from the off, I recommended, without reservation, that you consider seriously hiring Steve to do your engine overhaul. (从一开始, 我就毫不保留地推荐你认真地考虑雇用史提夫来做你的引擎大修工作)
图片
引擎大修

06. from the outset
定义: 从一开始, 从第一天起.
例句: From the outset, I felt unwelcome in the group. (从一开始, 我就感觉不受这个团体的欢迎)

07. from the time
定义: 自从.
例句: According to her baptismal certificate, her full name at birth was Johanna Mansfield Sullivan; however, she was called Anne from the time she was born. (依照她的洗礼证书, 她出生的全名是乔汉娜•曼斯菲尔得•苏利文; 但自从她出生之后一直被人称呼为安)
图片
洗礼证书

08. from the top of one's head/mind
定义: 一时不经长思就可说出.
例句: I can't recall if I've mentioned this to you from the top of my head at this moment. (此时, 我一时没法回想起我是否跟你提起这件事)

09. from the word go
定义: 从一开始.
例句: My only saving grace was that I knew from the word go that you weren't looking for a relationship. (我唯一感到安慰的是我知道从一开始你并不是在寻找一个感情关系)

10. from the year dot
定义: 好久以前, 长久以来.
例句: Children have been fascinated by ghost stories since the year dot. (长久以来, 小朋友被鬼故事深深吸引)

11. from then on
定义: 从那时起.
例句: But things have changed a lot from then on. I'm married, expecting and more aware of the world around us. (但自那时起情况已经改变很多. 我已经结婚, 怀孕以及对我们周遭环境察觉更敏锐)

12. from thence
定义: 从那地, 从那里.
例句: From thence we flew to Netherlands and spent few nights in Amsterdam. (从那里我们飞到荷兰, 在阿姆斯特丹停留了几个晚上)

13. from this day forward/on
定义: 从今天起; 从此以后.
例句: I'll tr​​easure your advice from this day forward. (从此以后, 我会珍惜你的忠告)

14. from this point on
定义: 从现在起; 从这时起.
例句: From this point on, there will be no more extended coffee breaks. (从现在起, 不允许再有冗长的咖啡休息时间)

15. from time immemorial
定义: 自古以来, 无人能记忆起的过去.
例句: Delivery service is one of those systems which have been there from time immemorial for the sake of human convenience. (送货服务是一个那些自古以来为了方便人类就一直存在的服务系统之一)
图片
送货服务

16. from time to time
定义: 不时地, 有时候地, 偶尔地.
例句: We go to that restaurant from time to time. (我们有时候去那家餐馆吃饭)

17. from top to bottom/from tip to toe
定义: 由上而下, 彻底地, 完全地.
例句: We searched the house from top to bottom but we couldn't find the letter. (我们把房子彻底地搜查遍了但我们还是没找到这封信)

18. from top to toe
定义: 全身地.
例句: She dressed in black leather from top to toe. (她全身穿着黑色皮装)

19. from way back
定义: 好久以前, 长久以来.
例句: I've known him from way back. In fact we went to pre-K, kindergarten and elementary school together. (我好久以前就认识他. 事实上, 我们一起上过学前幼稚园, 幼稚园和小学)

20. from what has been discussed earlier …
定义: 从刚才/早先所讨论的...
例句: It is clear from what has been discussed earlier, that cultural factors play an increasingly important role in the process of internationalization. (从早先所讨论的明显地指出, 文化因素在国际化的过程中扮演着越来越重要的角色)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 235 访客