royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 423

帖子 royl » 周二 11月 27, 2012 3:53 am

二十笔实用成语 423

01. fuss about/around, to
定义: 紧张, 操心, 烦恼, 抱怨, 吹毛求疵.
例句: What are you fussing about? What is eating you? (什么事在烦扰你? 你为何闷闷不乐?)

02. fuss over, to
定义: 过份为...担心, 讲究, 照应, 准备; 大惊小怪.
例句: She had spent hours fussing over her hair, to say nothing of her make-up. (她为了她一丝不苟的头发花了几个钟头, 更别说她的化妆)

03. fuss with, to
定义: 没事找事; 漫无目的摆弄东西; 试图笨手笨脚地修理复杂东西.
例句: Don't fuss with your children. They will get along just fine without all that attention. (别没事找事干预你们的小朋友. 他们没有这么多的关照也会相处得很好)

04. fusspot/fussbudget, a
定义: [不尊重语]吹毛求疵的人, 管家婆, 大惊小怪的人.
例句: You may be thinking I am a fussbudget when it comes to coffee. You may be right. However, the word connoisseur would be more fitting. (你也许会认为我是一个对咖啡吹毛求疵的人. 也许你是对的. 但称我为美食鉴赏家比较合适)

05. future plan vs. plan
定义: [易混淆字或片语]我们先要弄清楚计划plan真正意义, 也就是计划有关未来之事; 换句话说, 没有人计划过去之事, 所以a future plan的future是多余的, a plan就足够了.

06. futz around/about/with, to
定义: [俚语]胡闹, 胡搞, 厮混, 浪费时间.
例句: How about this software company stops futzing around with its certificates and get the basic stuff right? (如果这家软件公司停止浪费时间在它的认证上, 先把自己基本软件做得牢靠, 你觉得怎么样?)

07. f-word, the
定义: 四字经. (注: f-word本身不粗俗但所指的话是脏话操fuck)
例句: Your English must not be very good. Can't you talk without using the f-word? (你的英语水平肯定不好. 你不用四字经就不能说话吗? 注: 使用这些话来对付满嘴脏话的人是可以一试的)

08. FYI/for your information
定义: 告诉你, 供你参考.
例句: For your information, you're barking the wrong tree. (告诉你, 你找错了人)

09. gad about/around, to
定义: 游荡, 闲逛.
例句: We spent a very quiet Christmas at home this year. I'm too tired to gad around malls. (今年我们在家过了一个清静的圣诞节. 我太累了不想在购物中心闲逛)

10. Gadzooks!
定义: [惊叹语]轻微诅咒语.
例句: "Beverly had triplets!" "Gadzooks! How did that happen?" ("贝弗莉生了三胞胎!" "天啊! 这是怎么发生的?")

11. Gag me with a spoon.
[成语句型]我要吐了. (注: 意指谈到令人恶心讨厌的事情)

12. gag order, a
定义: 谈论禁止令. (注: 法官下达的禁止报导或禁止谈论有关一个正在审理案件的裁决)
例句: The judge has issued a gag order in order to prevent potential jurors from having preconceived ideas about the case. (为了防止有可能成为陪审员的民众对这个案件产生了先入为主的看法, 这名法官发布了一份谈论禁止令)

13. gaggle of geese, a
定义: 鹅群.
例句: Every time we walked around in the park, a gaggle of geese chased us and tried to bite us. I'm terrified of geese to this day. ​​(每次我们来这个公园散步, 一群鹅就追逐我们, 想要咬我们. 直到今天我还怕鹅)

14. gain a foothold, to
定义: 取得立足点或根据地.
例句: I'm planning on gaining a foothold on the industry by offering my services for free. (我计划以提供免费服务来取得这个行业的立足点)

15. gain a qualification, to
定义: 取得一个资格.
例句: We will ask you to send a copy of your certificate or a letter from the awarding body confirming that you have gained the qualification. (我们会要求你送来一份你取得资格的证明书副本或颁发单位通知函的副本)

16. gain access to, to
定义: 取得, 获准进入或使用.
例句: If this vulnerability exists on your system, intruders may be able to gain access to specific information stored on the host, including security settings. (如果这个弱点出现在你的系统, 入侵者也许能够取得储存在主机内的特定资料)

17. gain an advantage, to
定义: 取得优势.
例句: You may find that in trying to gain an advantage over the competition, you take all the fun out of gambling. (也许你会发现试图取得赢过对手的优势, 你就会失去赌博的乐趣)

18. gain an angle, to
定义: 偷机取巧, 趁势; 有效的阻挡; 取得优势.
例句: The true problem with our economy starts with these sort of divisive tactics to gain an angle to enrage our citizenry. (我们经济真正的问题起源于使用这种制造分裂的技俩趁势来激怒我们全体国民)

19. gain experience, to
定义: 学到经验, 取得经验.
例句: Doing voluntary work is another way of gaining experience. (做义务工作是另一个取得经验的方法)

20. gain ground on/upon ..., to
定义: 追赶上, 占优势; 对...取得进展; 增加...价值或数量.
例句: Firefighters are gaining ground on a wildfire burning south of the city but continue to try to contain dozens of other wildfires in central Washington. (救火员在城南野火燃烧控制上取得进展但仍继续努力遏止华盛顿州中部其他数十起野火)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 230 访客