回复
royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 427

帖子 royl » 周二 12月 04, 2012 12:36 am

二十笔实用成语 427

01. geek, a
定义: [俚语]笨拙之人; 书呆子; 功课好但社交笨拙的人; 在露天集市耍宝以博人一笑的小丑.
例句: I wouldn't quickly stereotype him as another geek. (我不会遽下断语把他归类为另一个书呆子)

02. Geez!
定义: [惊叹语]轻微的惊讶, 喜悦, 不满或不耐.
例句: Geez, I didn't think I had to spell it out for you. (唉, 我当时并不认为我有必要把事情跟你说清楚. 注: 此句话的说话者显然是被人误解)

03. geezer gap, the
定义: [俚语]六十岁及八十岁老人之间的代沟.
例句: Older demographics of people with computers in the home are less convinced that there is anything useful to them on the Internet. Therein lies the geezer gap. (家里拥有电脑的较年长人们并不认为互联网上有任何对他们有用的资料. 这就是为什么会有六十岁及八十岁老人之间的代沟)

04. geezer, a
定义: [俚语]老年人尤其古怪的老人.
例句: At sporting events, during the playing of the national anthem, old geezers hold their caps over their hearts and sing without embarrassment. (运动比赛场合上, 在演奏国歌的时候, 老年人会脱下帽子摆在胸前致敬以及毫不尴尬地唱国歌)

05. gen up, to
定义: [英国]透彻研究; 熟悉, 精通; 取得有关详细资料.
例句: Once you get genned up on this disease you will find that diet alone will not stop this. (一旦你透彻地了解这个疾病, 你会发现光是靠饮食是无法防治这个疾病)

06. gender bender, a
定义: 举止, 穿着像中性或异性的人.
例句: She is not photogenic. She looks like a gender bender not because of the cheekbones but maybe the Botox. (她并不上相. 她看起来像个中性人不是因为她的颧骨而可能是由于她脸上打了肉毒杆菌)
图片
打过肉毒杆菌针的澳洲歌手, 凯莉•米洛

07. gender gap, the
定义: 两性差别. (注: 意指有关于两性之间的地位, 态度, 健康或投票倾向等差距)
例句: The gender gap in the 2012 presidential election was the largest since Gallup began tracking the metric in 1952. (自从一九五二年盖洛普开始追踪民意调查以来, 二零一二年的总统大选倾向后选人的两性差距幅度是最大的)

08. general admission, a
定义: 入场费; 普通座, 经常用于没有预订的座位.
例句: The only tickets that remain unsold are for general admission. (所有没卖出的入场券只剩下普通座位)

09. general public, the
定义: 普通/一般大众.
例句: We had to do it in around three sentences and in terms that the general public will understand. (我们必须构想出大约三条句子, 使用的措词也要使一般大众能够理解. 注: 意指写出的文宣要简洁易懂)

10. generally speaking
定义: 大致上来说, 一般来说.
例句: Generally speaking I'll make an exception, but not in this case. (一般来说, 我会通融一下, 但这件事我不会通融)

11. generate more heat than light, to
定义: 激烈讨论不能让别人得到答案反而使大家气愤.
例句: There are some discussions worth having, but there are others that will generate more heat than light, and cause only frustration and hard feelings. (有些议题是值得讨论, 但有些讨论会激起愤怒而得不到有意义的答案, 只会造成挫折感与不痛快)

12. generate steady streams of cash, to
定义: 带进稳定的现金流动.
例句: Because of their ability to generate steady streams of cash, cable companies are seen as attractive investments for private equity firms. (由于它们能够带进稳定的现金流动, 有线电视节目供应商被私人股权投资公司认为是具有吸引力的投资)

13. generation gap, the
定义: 代沟. (注: 意指有关两代之间的价值观, 态度等差距)
例句: It happens every 20 years or so as members of younger generations enter the military in greater numbers and older generations retire, of course, there's also a generation gap in our military today. ​​(每二十年左右它发生于当年轻一代大量地入伍而老一代退伍的时候, 我们现今的军队当然也有代沟)

14. Generation X, the
定义: X世代. (注: 意指一九六零年代与一九七零年代出生的世代)
例句: Generation X became more secular and less religious as it aged and grew in size. (由于他们年龄增长与人数的增加, X世代越来越关心世俗的事情与越来越不信仰宗教)

15. Generation Y, the
定义: Y世代. (注: 意指一九八零年代与一九九零年代出生的世代)
例句: In order to maintain a similar standard of living in retirement, Generation Y need to save 15 to 20 percent of their annual incomes beginning at age 25. (为了维持同样的生活水平, Y世代必须从二十五岁开始储蓄他们百分之十五至二十的年收入)

16. genetic disorder, a
定义: 先天性失调/缺陷/疾病, 遗传病.
例句: If a genetic disorder runs in my family, what are the chances that my children will have the condition? (如果先天性疾病是家传的话, 我儿女被遗传到这个病变的机率是多少?)

17. gentleman's agreement, the
定义: 君子协定. (注: 意指不成文协定)
例句: We have reached a gentleman's agreement and some minor issues will be sorted out later. (我们已经取得了一个君子协定, 一些不重要的争议将会以后解决)

18. gentleman's handshake, a
定义: 诚信的协议. (注: 意指不成文协议)
例句: Even when the parties completely trust a gentleman's handshake, without a written contract, each is taking a risk that expectations might not be fully understood. (即使所有当事人完全信赖一个不成文协议, 在没有明文契约的情况下, 每一名当事人仍冒着不充分理解期望的权益或义务的危险)

19. genuine article, the
定义: 如假包换的真人, 真物; 真实而非欺骗造假的事.
例句: Is this the genuine article or some cheap imitation substitute? (这是个如假包换的真品还是一个粗制滥造的仿冒品?)

20. Geronimo!
定义: [惊叹语]美国伞兵部队的战斗呐喊, 高处一跃而下时放声大叫的口号.
例句: I tip-toe to the edge of the high dive, take a deep breath and yell "Geronimo!" (我小心翼翼地走到高跳的边缘, 深深地吸口气, 大声呐喊"Geronimo!")
图片
蹦极跳/高空弹跳

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 226 访客