royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 429

帖子 royl » 周二 12月 11, 2012 4:20 am

二十笔实用成语 429

01. get a five finger discount, to
定义: 扒窃, 顺手牵羊, 偷窃.
例句: "How much did your MP3 player cost?" "I got it at a five finger discount." ("你的MP3播放器花了多少钱?" "我这是顺手牵羊来的.")

02. get a fix on, to
定义: 取得或掌握某事的清晰了解或判断.
例句: After reading that biography, I felt I really got a fix on Thomas Jefferson. (读了那个传记之后, 我觉得我真正地了解了汤玛斯•杰弗逊)
图片
美国独立宣言主要起草人与第三任总统汤玛斯•杰弗逊

03. get a fix, to
定义: 过过...的瘾(意指饮食某个饮料或食物来满足瘾头或解馋); 吸食毒品.
例句: I really need to get a coffee fix. I'm so tired and I can hardly keep my eyes open. (我实在需要喝杯咖啡. 我累趴了, 连眼睛都睁不开. 注: 意指需要咖啡因来提神)

04. get a foot in the door, to
定义: 作为起步的敲门砖, 先迈出第一步, 先从基层工作做起以图未来升迁.
例句: I know it's not the job you'd hoped for, but at least you can use it to get your foot in the door. (我知道它不是你想要的工作, 但起码你可以利用它作为起步的敲门砖)

05. get a free hand, to
定义: (被授权)放手做或决定自己想要的事, 全权处理.
例句: I didn't get a free hand with the last project. John was in charge then, but he didn't get a free hand either. (上一个工作项目, 我并没有被授权做自己想要的事.约翰在那时是主管业务的, 但他也没有被授权全权处理)

06. get a girl into trouble, to
定义: 令一个女孩怀孕.
例句: Tom's best friend has committed suicide, Tom believed he had gotten a girl into trouble. (汤姆的至友自杀了, 汤姆相信他致使一个女孩怀孕)

07. get a grasp of, to
定义: 掌握对某事清晰了解或判断.
例句: Tom was unable to get a solid grasp of the methods used in his work, and we had to let him go. (由于汤姆无法彻底掌握他工作使用的方法, 我们不得不辞退他)

08. Get a grip and debate rationally or go away!
[成语句型]你或者冷静下来, 理性地辩论或者离开.

09. get a grip on something, to
定义: 了解; 掌握.
例句: Take the time to get a grip on how you use your time. That is one of the tools successful business owners have learned to employ. (别急, 慢慢来掌握如何利用你的时间. 这是一个成功企业家们学会采用的工具之一)

10. get a grip on yourself, to
定义: 控制你自己的情绪, 镇静下来.
例句: He finally got a grip of himself and calmed down. (他终于控制了自己的情绪以及平静下来)

11. get a hand, to
定义: 得到帮助.
例句: I would say the bank robbers got a hand from someone on the inside. (我认为这名银行抢匪是得到某个内鬼的帮助)

12. get a handle on, to
定义: 取得或掌握对某事的清晰了解或判断.
例句: Reason I'm asking is that I am trying to get a better handle on how much it would cost to fix it. (我之所以问这个问题是, 我想要更清楚地了解修理它需要多少钱)

13. get a head start on something, to
定义: 比别人先起步, 先开始.
例句: I will be staying here for another week and I would like to get a head start on submitting the application that way when I go back to Houston and wait. (我还要在这里停留另一星期, 我想要先一步交出这份申请表, 这样的话我就可以回休士顿等待消息)

14. get a hold of oneself, to
定义: 控制自己的情绪, 镇静下来.
例句: Why don't you get a hold of yourself? There you go. (你为什么不控制你自己的情绪? 对, 就是这个样子)

15. get a hold of someone, to
定义: 找到某人, 联络上某人.
例句: I've tried to get a hold of you. Where were you last night? (我一直在找你. 你昨晚在哪里?)

16. Get a job.
[成语句型]做点正经事. (注: 意指劝人少去捣蛋别人, 少去管别人闲事)

17. get a kick out of ..., to
定义: 从...中感到刺激/兴奋, 从...中感觉到过瘾.
例句: My father got a kick out of seeing his old school friend. (我爸爸看到了他老同学好兴奋)

18. get a laugh, to
定义: 博人一笑.
例句: John will do almost anything to get a laugh. (约翰为了博人一笑几乎什么事都肯干)

19. get a life, to
定义: 你该换个生活方式. (注: 意指劝人别虚耗生命; 指责某人令人生厌; 劝人少去管别人闲事; 自以为比别人日子过得充实)
例句: He never goes out, just stays at home and watches TV. I wish he would get a life. (他从来不出门, 只待在家里和看电视. 我希望他换个生活方式)

20. get a lift, to
定义: 搭便车.
例句: I can get a lift home with friends absolutely no problem but it would be really nice if he takes me home. (我可以完全没问题地搭乘别人的便车回家但要是他能载我回家的话不知有多好)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 231 访客