royl
帖子: 1769
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 449

帖子 royl » 周一 6月 03, 2013 1:48 am

二十笔实用成语 449

01. get the heave-ho, to
定义: 被解职, 炒鱿鱼, 开除或撵走.
例句: I wanted to complain to the management, but they called a security guard and I got the old heave-ho. (我想要跟管理部门投诉, 但他们招来了一名警卫人员把我撵走)

02. Get the hell out of here!
定义: [命令语](愤怒)滚开! 滚蛋!

03. get the hook, to
定义: 毫不留情地被解职, 炒鱿鱼, 开除, 赶走或嘘下台.
例句: He got the hook when he did the worst karaoke performance of that Bee Gees song I have ever heard. (当他演唱我所听到的最糟的那首比吉斯歌的卡啦OK时, 他被赶下台)

04. get the hots for, to
定义: 对某人或物具有热情, 欲望, 性欲.
例句: Everyone knows she's got the hots for the new guy in her office. (大家都知道她爱恋她办公室新来的男同事)

05. get the hump, to
定义: 心情不痛快/不爽, 情绪低落, 愁眉不展.
例句: She gets the hump when she loses. (每次输了比赛她都心情不痛快. 注: 由于这里的动词是一般现在时态, 它代表这个情况是常态, 所以这里的when跟whenever是同义)

06. get the idea, to
定义: 了解, 想, 想出, 弄清楚.
例句: It isn't too difficult once you get the idea. (一旦你弄清楚之后它就不很难了)

07. get the inside scoop, to
定义: 取得内幕消息.
例句: I was with them when it happened, so I've got the inside scoop. (这件事情发生的时候我正好跟他们在一起, 因此我知道内幕情形)

08. get the jitters, to
定义: 紧张不安, 战战兢兢. (注: 尤其在一个重要事件之前所表现的紧张不安)
例句: When I got up to speak, I got the jitters and I couldn't think clearly. (当我站起来说话的时候, 我非常紧张连思路乱了套)

09. get the kid-glove treatment, to
定义: 受到温和客气, 谨慎小心的礼遇.
例句: He is essentially correct that high-profile folks usually get the kid glove treatment, but that's the way it is. (他所说的高知名度的人物一般都受到别人客气谨慎的礼遇基本上是正确的, 但事实上也是如此的)

10. get the lay of the land, to
定义: 熟悉地势走向, 状况情势或人情风俗.
例句: Before I sell insurance in a town, I'd like to get the lay of the land. (我在某一乡镇卖保险之前, 我总想先熟悉当地的风俗民情)

11. get the lead out of one's feet/pants, to
定义: [敦促语]动作快一点, 走快一点.
例句: You are holding up the rest of the line. Get the lead out of your feet! (你让排你后面的人都在等你一个人. 动作快一点!)

12. get the lead out, to
定义: [敦促语]动作快一点, 走快一点.
例句: I'm getting hungry. Guess I will have to get the lead out and do some cooking. (我有点饿了. 我想我不得不动作快一点, 赶紧做一些吃的)

13. get the lowdown on, to
定义: 取得某事重要资料或(内幕)事实真相.
例句: Reporters are trying to get the lowdown on what caused the accident. (记者们正在尽力地寻找造成这个事故的事实真相)

14. get the lowest price possible, to
定义: 尽可能取得最低价.
例句: Determine what you believe to be a fair price for the automobile you're interested in, and then bargain assertively to get the lowest price possible. (先决定你想要买的汽车你认为合理的价格, 再坚决地杀价以便尽可能取得最低价)

15. get the message, to
定义: 听懂明白; 了解或推论出事情的严重性或事实.
例句: I've told him three times but I don't think he really gets the message. (我已经告诉他三次了但我不认为他真的听懂了我的意思)

16. get the monkey off one's back, to
定义: 戒毒, 戒烟, 戒酒; 除掉缠扰不休的问题.
例句: I feel good that I've got the monkey off my back and I'm ready for a new beginning. (解决了这个缠扰不休的问题让我很痛快, 我准备好迎接一个新的开始)

17. get the most out of ..., to
定义: 取得最大的利益, 充分的利用, 发挥最大的作用.
例句: I do what I can to get the most out of life. (我尽力地把我的人生发挥得淋漓尽致)

18. get the needle, to
定义: [英国]被激怒, 发怒.
例句: Calm down Tom, there no need to get the needle with me. (冷静下来, 汤姆, 你没必要对我发怒)

19. get the nod, to
定义: 得到同意, 许可.
例句: There were dozens of applicants for the job, but only John got the nod. (有几十个人申请这个工作, 但只有约翰取得了这个工作)

20. get the picture/idea, to
定义: 听懂明白; 了解或推论出事情的严重性或事实.
例句: "He doesn't want her but he doesn't want anyone else to have her, you know?" "I get the picture." ("他虽然不要她但他也不让别人得到她, 你知道吗?" "我懂你的意思.")

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 261 访客