royl
帖子: 1769
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 451

帖子 royl » 周四 6月 13, 2013 11:47 pm

二十笔实用成语 451

01. get there, to
定义: 完成, 成功, 达成任务; 到达目的地或某处.
例句: I haven't finished the book I'm reading but I'm getting there. (我还没读完这本书但我快要读完了)

02. get things done, to
定义: 把事情做好, 达成任务.
例句: You have to make time in order to have time if you want to get things done. (为了有足够的时间你必须抽出时间如果你想要把任务达成的话)

03. get things straight, to
定义: 把话讲清楚; 符合事实; 相互吻合, 不相互矛盾; 弄清楚; 纠正错误.
例句: We have to get our stories straight or else the police will get suspicious. (我们必须使我们这套说法相互吻合否则警方会起疑心)

04. get this
定义: 听我说, 仔细听. (注: 意指要求某人注意你要说的一件有趣或惊人之事)
例句: OK, get this guys: I did all the work and he got all the credit. (好啦, 大家听我说: 工作都是我做的, 功劳却都归他了)

05. get this from one's father, to
定义: 从他/她父亲所遗传过来(特征), 感染过来(疾病), 学来的(习惯).
例句: John talks about the great motivati​​ng force in life: fear of failure. He is proud that he got this from his father. (约翰谈到他人生中最大的激励力量: 对失败的惧怕. 他以这个由他父亲传承下来的心态为傲)

06. get this straight, to
定义: 把话讲清楚, 弄清楚, 纠正错误.
例句: Let me get this straight. You say there are three moose in your swimming pool? (容我弄清楚你的意思. 你是说在你的游泳池里有三头驼鹿?)
图片

07. get through one's head, to
定义: 了解, 相信, 接受或被说服.
例句: Tom can't get it through his head that life isn't all beer and skittles. (汤姆没法了解人生并不只是吃喝玩乐)

08. get through to someone, to
定义: 让某人了解; 成功的连络上或找到某人.
例句: I tried talking to her but I couldn't get through to her. (我试图跟她通话但我一直连络不上她)

09. get through with something, to
定义: (最终能够)熬过痛苦, 达成任务, 成功.
例句: As soon as I get through with cleaning the kitchen, I'll call you. (厨房一清理好我马上就打电话给你)

10. get through, to
定义: 把自己的意思说清楚; 成功地电话接通至某人; 成功地连络上或找到某人; 取得同意或效果; 成功的克服或战胜某挑战或疾病; 结束, 做完, 完成.
例句: It was a very difficult time in our marriage but we got through it. (那是我们婚姻中的一段艰辛日子但我们克服了它)

11. get to first base, to
定义: 得到成功的起步, 取得良好的开端或初步的成功; 交异性朋友达到亲密第一步意指亲吻以及抚摸.
例句: I tried to meet the manager of the company but I couldn't get to first base. (我试图跟这家公司的经理见面但我没法取得成功的起步)

12. get to grips with, to
定义: 认真地处理问题.
例句: It's further proof of the government's failure to get to grips with two of the most important social issues of our time. (它更进一步证明政府未能认真地处理我们这个时代两个最重要的社会问题)

13. get to it later, will
定义: 等一下再做这件事; 等会儿再处理它.
例句: Today's last word in business is: I'll get to it later. Researchers who study procrastination say the affliction is more serious than many realize. (当今商业常听的最后一句话是: 我等会儿再处理它.研究习惯性拖延的研究员说它所造成的痛苦比许多人所了解的还严重)

14. get to it, to
定义: 开始做这件事, 不要拖延.
例句: After listening to her babble for awhile, I said, "Please get to it." (听了她唠唠叨叨一阵子之后, 我说, "拜托你赶紧开始做这件事吧.")

15. get to know someone, to
定义: 开始熟悉/了解某人(个性, 历史背景等等).
例句: Once you get to know him, you will like him. (一旦你开始了解他之后, 你会喜欢他的)

16. get to me/someone, to
定义: 影响到我/某人; 令我/某人恼火或不痛快; 令我/某人难过.
例句: All these delays are starting to get to me. (这些一连串的延宕开始让我恼火)

17. get to sleep, to
定义: 安然入眠.
例句: Last night I didn't get to sleep at all. I lay awake until the morning light. (昨晚我根本没法入眠. 我醒着躺在那儿一直到天明)

18. get to the bottom of, to
定义: 彻查真相, 查个水落石出; 追根究底找出真因或真凶.
例句: Did you get to the bottom of the problem? What is the cause? (你有没有把这个问题查个水落石出? 造成它的原因是什么?)

19. get to the heart of ..., to
定义: 追根究底找出...的核心或症结.
例句: We were in the meeting for three hours trying to get to the heart of the matter. (为了找出这个问题的症结我们这个会开了三个钟头)

20. get to the point, to
定义: 直接触及重点或进入正题, 不要绕圈子.
例句: When answering questions, get to the point. Be direct and brief! (当回答问题时, 直接切入重点. 力求直截了当, 简短有力!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 258 访客