回复
royl
帖子: 1770
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 472

帖子 royl » 周三 1月 08, 2014 12:19 am

二十笔实用成语 472

01. gizmo, a
定义: [口语]小机器, 小玩意儿, 小装置. (注: 有时你忘掉或不知道名称就用gizmo来代替)
例句: He broke the gizmo that he uses to open and close the garage door. (他弄坏了他开关车房门的小装置)
图片
以遥控来开关车房门

02. glad rags
定义: [俚语]时髦服装, 时尚服装.
例句: I'll come to your concert. I'll do my hair and put on my glad rags. (我会去你的演奏会. 我会做我的头发以及穿上我的时尚服装)

03. glad to see the back of someone, be
定义: 高兴看到某人离开; 希望摆脱某人.
例句: That guy bothers me. I'll be glad to see that back of him. (那个家伙让我不胜其扰. 我真希望他走开)

04. glad to see the back of something, be
定义: 高兴脱离了令人不愉快的事情或地方.
例句: So glad to see the back of this place, I won't miss it! (好高兴终于脱离了这个鬼地方, 我才不会想念这里!)

05. glance at, to
定义: 迅速地瞄一眼; 简短地或间接地提及某话题.
例句: I glanced at my watch, it had been exactly three hours since I fell into sleep. I felt more energized and refreshed. (我瞄了一下我的手表, 我正好睡了三个钟头. 我感觉精力充沛和神清气爽)

06. glance off, to
定义: 成一角度地从一个表面擦过; (光线)斜射.
例句: I gave the windshield a once-over and did not notice any chips or cracks, so I thought the rock had glanced off the windshield and no harm, no foul. (我迅速地检查了一下挡风玻璃并没看到任何缺口或裂痕, 因此我以为那颗石头只是擦过玻璃表面, 没有损失就没问题)

07. glance over/through, to
定义: 迅速浏览.
例句: While waiting at the clinic, I sat quietly glancing through a magazine. (在诊所等待的时候, 我安静地坐着浏览一本杂志)

08. glaring error, a
定义: 明显/醒目的错误.
例句: I did notice one glaring error, the author states that the moon landing cost 100 billion when it was actually 24 billion. (我确实注意到一个明显目的错误, 这位作者说出的登月费用是一千亿元但其实是两百四十亿元)

09. glaring omission, a
定义: 明显故意的省略/遗漏/避而不提.
例句: After reading your book "The Well-Balanced Life", I was shocked by the glaring omission of faith as a component of a fulfilling life. (读完了你的书"平衡良好的生活"之后, 我对于书中明显地避而不提作为充实生活重要元素的宗教感到惊讶)

10. glass ceiling, a
定义: 玻璃天花板. (注: 无形的障碍使女人或少数民族无法升迁高位)
例句: It is crucial to break the glass ceiling, an obstacle women and minorities faced which made it hard for them, if not impossible, to reach upper management. (打破玻璃天花板是极为重要, 这个女人与少数民族所面临的无形障碍使得他们即使有可能但也很艰难地晋升到高层主管职位)

11. glassy-eyed look, the
定义: 目光呆滞的, 茫然不知或面无表情的表情.
例句: When I saw his glassy-eyed look, I thought he was drunk. (当我看到他目光呆滞的表情, 我以为他喝醉了)

12. gleam in one's eye, a
定义: 眼光一亮, 露出兴奋或激动的眼神.
例句: Her father had a gleam in his eyes as he told the story. (当她父亲讲这个故事的时候, 他现出激动的眼神)

13. glib solutions to knotty problems, the
定义: 治标不治本. (注: 对难以对付的问题提出虚浮的解决方案)
例句: I'm not going to minimize the problems we face and offer glib solutions. (我既不会故意贬低我们面临问题的困难度也不会提出虚浮的解决方案)

14. glimmer/ray of hope, a
定义: 一丝希望.
例句: The carpentry program offers a glimmer of hope to local young people who might otherwise head to cities to find work. (这个木工培训计划给予本地年轻人一丝希望否则他们可能会去大城市寻找工作)

15. glitz and glamour
定义: 奢豪与浮华.
例句: People are tired of the glitz and glamour Hollywood has given them. There's almost a desire to get back in touch with reality. (人们厌倦了好莱坞带给他们的奢豪与浮华. 他们几乎有一种回归与现实接触的渴望)

16. global climate change, the
定义: 全球气候变化, 全球暖化.
例句: Humans cannot cause global climate change. Of course, humans cannot stop global climate change. (人类无能力造成全球气候变化. 人类自然也无能力阻止全球气候变化)

17. global warming, the
定义: 全球暖化.
例句: If other planets are heating up along with earth, then we can rest assured that this is a natural cycle and also that global warming is a hoax. (如果其他星球也跟着地球一起暖化的话, 我们可以确信这是一个自然性的循环并且也确定了全球暖化是个骗局)

18. glom on to/onto, to
定义: 占为己有, 夺取; 缠住不放; 明白或了解.
例句: Don't leave any donuts around, or Bubba will glom onto them. (别留下任何甜甜圈否则巴巴会占为己有)

19. Glory be!
定义: [惊叹语]哎呀! 谢天谢地! 糟糕! (注: 意指表达惊讶或惊喜)
例句: "Glory be! Is that what I think it is?" "Well, it's a kitten, if that's what you thought." ("糟糕! 那个不会是我以为的东西吧?" "嗳呀, 那只是只小猫, 如果那是你以为的东西的话.")

20. glory days/years
定义: 往昔光荣灿烂的日子.
例句: His glory years as an actor are now far behind him. (他往昔作为演员的光荣灿烂日子现在已经远离他了)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 338 访客