royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 762

帖子 royl » 周日 8月 26, 2018 12:46 am

二十笔实用成语 762

01. more of the same, be
定义: 还是回到老样子的情况; 换汤不换药; 相同或相似没什么改善或改变.
例句: Rain will be possible at anytime on Monday, and Tuesday will be more of the same, according to our meteorologist Bill Logan. (根据我们气象专家比尔•罗根的预测, 星期一随时都会降雨, 星期二的天气跟星期一相似没什么改变)

02. more often than not
定义: 相当经常的, 多半的.
例句: These flowers will live through the winter more often than not. (这些花卉通常能够度过寒冬并存活下来)

03. more or less
定义: 有些, 大约, 大多, 基本上, 几乎.
例句: This model of car has everything I'm looking for, more or less. (这款型号的车子所有的功能几乎都是我想要的)

04. more power to someone
定义: 祝福某人成功.
例句: "I spent years getting ready for that job, and I finally got it." "More power to you!" ("我花了几年的功夫准备我自己胜任这份工作, 我也终于拿到这份工作." "祝福你成功!")

05. more sinned against than sinning, be
定义: 某人虽然犯错或犯罪但他比所侵犯的人罪要轻一些.
例句: It's true she took their money but they did owe her quite a bit. In a way, she's more sinned against than sinning. (不错, 她拿了他们的钱是事实, 但他们也确实欠她不少钱.某种程度上, 她虽然犯了错但她比起他们的过错要轻一些)

06. more than
定义: 多于...; 比...更(多).
例句: Empirical evidence shows that these private standards are frequently more stringent than their public counterparts. (私人的实验证据显示出这些民间的标准经常要比它们公家的对口单位还要严格)

07. more than ... put together
定义: 比...等等加起来的还多.
例句: This one is the only rear-wheel drive car in the group, but it has more attitude than all other three put together. (这部车是这批车辆中唯一的后轮传动车子, 但它的个性比其他三部车子加起来的还更强烈)

08. more than a little
定义: 许多, 不是一点点.
例句: I'm more than a little disappointed that you won't be coming to our wedding, I must say. (我必须要说, 我对你非常失望因为你没法来参加我们的婚礼)

09. more than anything
定义: 非常, 极为, 强烈渴望.
例句: I wanted to believe her more than anything. (我很想要相信她)

10. more than happy, be
定义: 非常乐意的.
例句: If you still need help, I'd be more than happy to be of assistance. (如果你还需要帮助, 我会非常乐意给予你协助)

11. more than I/one could bear/stand, be
定义: 令人受不了, 令人忍无可忍.
例句: I never thought I would be able to come to terms with the grief that was more than I could bear. (我从来没想到我居然能够坦然地接受这个令我承受不了的心灵创痛)

12. more than likely
定义: 很可能, 几乎确定的.
例句: It's more than likely that this problem will occur again. (这个问题很可能还会再次发生)

13. more than meets the eye
定义: 背后另有文章, 内有玄机, 不像表面上所看到那么简单, 比表面上的还更多或更严重.
例句: There is more to that problem than meets the eye. (这个问题决不似表面上所看到的那么简单)

14. more than one string to their bow, to have
定义: 尚有多个才艺可以依赖.
例句: With all this varied job experience under my belt, I have more than one string to my bow if this particular career path isn't to my liking. (如果这条生涯道路不是我喜欢的话, 我还拥有各式各样的工作经验, 我有多项才艺可以傍身)

15. more than one way to skin a cat
定义: 解决问题不止一个办法.
例句: "How will we fix the sink without a wrench?" "There's more than one way to skin a cat. We'll think of a way." ("没有板手我们怎么修这个水槽?" "解决问题不止一个办法. 我们会想出一个办法.")
图片
活动板手
图片
固定板手

16. more than someone could ever hope to
定义: 远超过某人所希望的.
例句: For whatever reason, you suddenly have more money than you could ever hope to spend. What would you do with it? (不管什么原因, 你突然拥有了一笔远比你希望要花费还更多的金钱. 你会怎么支配它?)

17. more than welcome
定义: 非常欢迎.
例句: Mary invited them to stay. "You are more than welcome to sleep at our place," she said. (玛丽邀请他们留下来. 她说: "非常欢迎你们在我们家过夜.")

18. more than you can say for some people
定义: 比某些人要好得多了.
例句: But at least Sam never hit her which is more than you can say for that no-good bum Tom. (但是起码山姆从来不动手打她, 比起那个没出息的混混汤姆要好得多了)

19. more than you can shake a stick at
定义: 大量的, 数不胜数.
例句: Ronda has more cats than you can shake a stick at – over 30! Can you believe it? (朗达养了大量的猫咪 – 超过三十只! 你相信吗?)

20. more than you('ll ever) know
定义: 比你想像, 猜测, 或知道的还更多.
例句: "Why did you do it?" "I regret doing it. I regret it more than you ever know!" ("你为什么要这样做?" "我后悔做了这件事. 你都不知道我有多悔恨我自己!")

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 53 访客