royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 817

帖子 royl » 周四 6月 13, 2019 1:53 pm

二十笔实用成语 817

01. on a/the waiting list
定义: 列入等待名单上. (注: 意指因货品售光或服务已满而列入等待名单上)
例句: Please put my name on the waiting list. I would like to be in the next training classes. (请你把我的名字放进等待名单上. 我想要加入下一梯次培训班)

02. on a/the watch list, be
定义: 名列在被监视或控管名单中.
例句: According to the directive, people who loiter suspiciously near security checkpoints could be put on the watch list. (根据这道命令, 那些形​​迹可疑地在安检站附近逗留的人们可能被列入受监控名单中)

03. on a wing and a prayer
定义: 情况危急; 没有充分准备之下; 希望成功但机会不大.
例句: He started the business in his own home, on a wing and a prayer, but it looks like he's really going to make a success of it. (没有充分准备之下, 他在自己家里开创了事业, 但看样子他确实会使这家公司取得成功)

04. on about, be
定义: 反覆地谈论某事.
例句: Are you still on about me forgetting your birthday? That was months ago! (你还再反覆地谈论我忘了你生日的事情吗? 那已经是多个月前的事喽!)

05. on account of
定义: 因为, 由于.
例句: Please, don't stop the meeting on account of me. I'll just observe from the back. (拜托, 别因为我的缘故而停止这场会议. 我就坐在后面旁观好了)

06. on advice of one's counsel
定义: 遵循某人的律师建议或劝告.
例句: I refuse to answer that question on the ground of the fifth amendment on advice of my counsel. (遵循我律师的建议, 基于宪法第五修正案的理由, 我拒绝回答那个问题)

07. on again, off again
定义: 无法确定; 时有时无; 间歇性地; 偶发性地.
例句: The plans for the fireworks display were on again, off again because of the rainy and windy weather. (由于下雨与多风的天气, 这个烟花表演计划一直没法确定下来)

08. on all counts
定义: 所有的指控; 在各方面或角度而言.
例句: Tom was charged with murder and burglary. He was later found innocent on all counts. (汤姆被指空谋杀罪和盗窃罪. 后来他被法庭判决所有的指控皆为无罪)

09. on all fours
定义: 趴在地上, 四肢着地, 四体投地.
例句: There was Julie, on all fours, looking for her contact lens. (茱莉在那儿趴在地上寻找她的隐形眼镜)

10. on all hands
定义: 一致通过; 每个人, 大家; 到处, 四处皆是; 环绕四周.
例句: Thanks to that bad storm, there are tree branches and other debris on all hands. (由于那场暴风雨的肆虐, 满地散着都是树枝和其他垃圾)

11. on an empty stomach
定义: 空腹.
例句: Drink alcoholic beverages slowly. Eating helps slow the absorption of alcohol, so don't drink on an empty stomach. (饮酒的时候要慢慢地喝. 吃食物可以减缓酒精的吸收, 因此千万别空腹喝酒)

12. on an even keel
定义: 保持冷静, 沉稳的态度; 处于平衡, 稳定的状况.
例句: I know this is a stressful time, but we need to try keep things on an even keel as much as possible. (我晓得这是个令人焦虑的紧张时刻, 但我们需要尽量地保持冷静, 沉稳的态度来面对情况)

13. on and on
定义: 不停不休, 没完没了.
例句: The teacher just droned on and on while we spaced out in the back of class. (这名教师一直不停不休地叨絮着, 而我们却在课堂的后面神游太虚)

14. on any given day
定义: 任何一天, 随便哪一天.
例句: The team's victory proved that even the biggest of underdogs can win on any given day. (这支球队的胜利证明了即便是极具劣势的一队也可以在任何一天赢得比赛)

15. on approval
定义: 向买家保证满意, 如不满意可以包退还.
例句: I buy clothes on approval so I can return them if they don't fit. (我买得是满意保证的衣服, 所以它们如果不合身的话我可以退货)

16. on at someone, be
定义: 不停唠叨催促某人去做某件事.
例句: Everyone's been going on at me to get a haircut. (每个人都跟我唠叨, 催促我去剪个头发)

17. on balance
定义: 持平地说; 总而言之.
例句: There have been ups and downs, but on balance we've had a very successful first year of business. (生意上有起有伏, 但持平地说我们开业第一年算是非常成功了)

18. on behalf of someone
定义: 代表某人.
例句: The boss isn't here at the moment, but I'd be happy to sign for the package on behalf of her. (老板此刻不在这里, 但我很乐意替她签收这件包裹)

19. on bended knee/knees
定义: 单脚或双脚下跪; 恳求, 跪求, 苦求.
例句: He proposed to her on bended knee. (他单脚下跪向她求婚)
图片
单脚下跪向她求婚

20. on board
定义: (搭载人或货物)上车, 上船, 上飞机; 加入, 参与, 上班.
例句: Welcome to the company, Dan. It's great to have you on board. (丹, 欢迎来这家公司工作. 很高兴有你的加入)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 46 访客