royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 818

帖子 royl » 周四 6月 20, 2019 2:55 am

二十笔实用成语 818

01. on borrowed time
定义: 时日无多; 大难将至; 岌岌可危的时期.
例句: Our company has been on borrowed time ever since those risky investments in 2008 went sour. (自从2008那些投资赔钱大亏之后, 我们公司时日不多了)

02. on both sides of the fence
定义: 两面讨好, 对两面采取观望态度, 两面都不得罪.
例句: I'm not on both sides of the fence, just because I like them both doesn't mean I ignore their flaws. (我两边都不讨好, 只因为我喜欢他们两个并不意味我忽视他们的缺失)

03. on call
定义: 随时待命(以便随传随到准备上班或工作), 不必经过事先通知随时要求还钱或提货物.
例句: Jacob works as a air conditioner repairman and is always on call which is very tiring. (雅各是一名冷气修理工, 总是随时待命真是累死人)

04. on camera
定义: 被拍下来, 上镜头, 上电视.
例句: Speak slowly and clearly when you're on camera. Make sure you pronounce words correctly to get your message across unmistakably. (当你上镜头的时候说话慢一点, 咬字要清晰. 务求你发音正确如此才能把你信息毫无误差地传达给观众)

05. on Carey Street, be
定义: [英国]破产, 负债累累. (注: 英国的破产法庭曾设立在Carey街)
例句: You're going to end up on Carey Street before long if you don't get your company's expenditures under strict control! (你要是不把你公司的开销加以严格控管的话, 你将很快就会破产! )

06. on cloud nine, be
定义: 雀跃三尺, 有如上了七重天般地快乐.
例句: She has been on cloud nine ever since she decided to get married last month. (自从她上个月决定要嫁人之后, 她有如上了七重天般地快乐)

07. on commission
定义: 靠销售货品, 服务以赚取佣金. (注: 意指有些推销员主要靠销售赚取佣金为收入)
例句: People often work harder when they're on commission. (赚取佣金的人们往往工作更勤快)

08. on condition that
定义: 只要; 在某条件下; 在某前提下.
例句: He only spoke to reporters on condition that he was not identified. (他只肯在不被披露身份的前提下才接受记者的采访)

09. on consignment
定义: 托售, 寄卖, 委托代销.
例句: She sells her homemade clothing on consignment in a number of different boutique shops around the city. (她把她自己缝制的服装放在全城各个不同的女时装店托售)
图片
女时装店

10. on contact
定义: 一经与...接触之后马上就...(发生某事或作用).
例句: Litmus paper turns red on contact with an acid. (石蕊试纸一经接触酸性物质便呈现红色)

11. on course
定义: [副词片语]行动方针, 既定路线, 既定政策.
例句: Could you check the map? I want to be sure we're still on course. (你能不能察看地图? 我想要确定我们还在既定的路线上)

12. on credit
定义: 赊帐; 信贷购买.
例句: We desperately needed a new car but our savings were pretty depleted, so we had to buy it on credit. (我们急需要买一部新车但我们的积蓄几乎都花光了, 所以我们不得不以信用购买它.注: 意指你如果信用好的话, 你可以申请信用贷款购买车子然后每月付款偿还, 此亦称为分期付款)

13. on deck
定义: 船甲板上; 待命; 轮到下一个, 准备上班或工作.
例句: Who do we have on deck to deal with the power outage? (我们有哪一位待命的人可以去解决这个电力中断问题?)

14. on demand
定义: 随时供应; 随时被要求付款.
例句: It can be difficult to adjust to a baby's need to feed on demand. (调整为随时按照婴儿的需要予以喂食将可能会困难些)

15. on different/various occasions
定义: 在不同的时间/情况/场合, 曾经.
例句: It is obvious that women wear various clothes on different occasions. Bags should be chosen in the same way. (明显地, 女人在不同的场合穿着不同的衣服. 在手提包的挑选上也应是如此)

16. on draft
定义: (啤酒)可从桶吸出.
例句: I much prefer the taste of beer on draft. (我更喜欢生啤酒的风味)

17. on drugs
定义: 使用(合法或非法)药物; 受到(合法或非法)药物的影响.
例句: "Do you know he's on drugs?" "Yes. His eyes look blank." ("你知道他吸了毒吗?" "有啊. 他眼神一片空白.")

18. on due reflection
定义: 经过仔细思考或回想.
例句: On due reflection of my boss's criticism, I vow to improve my work. (仔细地思考了我老板对我的批评, 我立誓要改进我的工作)

19. on duty
定义: 值勤, 值班, 上班.
例句: "I can't talk to you on the phone while I'm on duty." "Why?" "Because it's a personal call." ("我在值勤的时候不能跟你讲电话." "为什么? " "因为这是一通私人电话.")

20. on earth
定义: 世界上, 人间; 另, 与其他字一起使用(例如, how on earth, what on earth, why on earth等等)乃意味当你惊讶, 困惑不解或愤怒之时使用.
例句: How on earth did this happen? (这到底是怎么回事?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 47 访客