royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 823

帖子 royl » 周日 7月 14, 2019 3:40 am

二十笔实用成语 823

01. on pins and needles
定义: 坐立不安, 如坐针毡, 惴惴不安.
例句: I wasn't sure if I did well on the test. So I was on pins and needles when the teacher was giving them back. (我不确定我这次考试是否考得好. 因此当老师发还试卷的时候,我如坐针毡, 惴惴不安)

02. on point
定义: 说得很切题, 正确及适当击中重点, 准备得很好.
例句: I promise that I will tr​​y to stay on point and keep this speech as concise as I can. (我保证我尽量选择重点来讲, 并且使我的发言简明扼要)

03. on principle
定义: 原则上, 基于原则.
例句: On principle, I never socialize with any co-workers or with any employees of other departments. (原则上, 我从不跟任何同事或者任何其他部门的职员有所交往)

04. on probation
定义: 缓刑观察期中; 工作试用期中; 留校察看.
例句: As a new employee, I will be on probation for three months. (作为一名新进职员, 我将被试用三个月)

05. on purpose
定义: 故意地.
例句: Don't tell me that was an accident. You did that on purpose! (别告诉我那是一件意外事故. 你那么做是故意的!)

06. on relief
定义: 接受政府社会补助的.
例句: Some people are very critical of those who have been on relief for extended periods of time. (有些人极为反对那些长期领取政府补助的人们. 注: 许多长期领取政府补助的人们被人们戏称福利女王和福利国王)

07. on report
定义: 面对惩戒处分.
例句: Tom was put on report for the bump that knocked out Nathan, and John said it was an avoidable incident. (由于他的冲撞把内森给撞晕, 而且约翰也认为这是一场可以避免的意外事件, 汤姆被移送惩处名单)

08. on request
定义: 应要求.
例句: Our city plans to make plastic straws available only on request in restaurants. (我们市政府计划允许餐厅唯有在客人的要求下才可以供应塑胶吸管)
图片
塑胶吸管

09. on sale
定义: 出售中; 减价出售. (注: 现在on sale多用于减价出售虽然on sale与for sale, 出售中, 意思相似)
例句: I saw in the paper that the grocery store has slow cookers on sale – maybe we should go pick one up. (我在报纸上看到那家超市在减价出售慢炖锅– 我们也许应该去买一台. 注: 依照我们的认知a grocery store应该是传统的杂货店– 它也确实是; 但在美国它却是主要卖食物以及居家用品的超市)

10. on sale while supplies last, be
定义: 削价大卖直到货品卖光为止.
例句: Hockey tickets are on sale while supplies last – cash only $10.00. (冰上曲棍球赛的门票削价大卖直到门票卖光为止 – 只收现今十元)

11. on schedule
定义: 准时.
例句: What's status of the project? Are you all still on schedule? (这项工程目前的进度如何? 你们是不是仍然准时完工?)

12. on second thought
定义: 想了一想后改变主意.
例句: I'll take a tuna sandwich. Actually, on second thought, I'll have the soup. (我要想要一份鲔鱼三明治. 其实, 我改变了主意, 我想要一客浓汤)

13. on several counts
定义: 几方面或几个部分的观点, 意见, 论述.
例句: This report is completely dissatisfactory on several counts. (这篇报告在几方面上令人完全不能接受)

14. on shaky ground
定义: (论点)站不住脚; 在不稳定, 令人怀疑的状况.
例句: Their marriage is on shaky ground. (他们的婚姻情况不妙)

15. on short notice
定义: 随时地, 几乎马上地, 一经通知就立即地.
例句: Can you come to work on short notice? Within a day or two? (你能不能一经通知就来上工? 一天或两天内就可以开工吗?)

16. on show
定义: 展出, 展览, 展示.
例句: Her paintings are on show at the art gallery. (她的画作在这间画廊展出)

17. on sight
定义: 只要一看到...便.
例句: Police have orders to shoot the suspect on sight. (警员奉命一见到这名嫌犯便当场开枪射杀)

18. on solid ground
定义: 地位稳固, 状况稳定, 站得住脚.
例句: To make sure that he was on solid ground, he confirmed his findings with others. (为了确保他的研究能够站得住脚, 他伙同其他人一起来证明他的研究结果是准确无误的)

19. on one's arm
定义: 搀着某人的手臂, 挽着某人的膀臂.
例句: He showed up at the party with a young woman on his arm. (他挽着一名年轻女子的手臂出现在派对现场)

20. on someone's back
定义: 跟某人不停要求这个那个, 烦扰某人.
例句: My sister is always on her daughter's back to clean up her own room. (我姐姐总是唠叨她的女儿清理她自己的房间)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客