回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 834

帖子 royl » 周六 9月 14, 2019 11:03 pm

二十笔实用成语 834

01. on to something or someone, be
定义: 注意到某事; 对某事起疑, 发现不对劲或严重性; 某时与某人接触或联络; 发现或了解或准备要做大事.
例句: They can't pull that trick again; we're on to them now. (他们再也不能耍花招了; 我们现在对他们严加注意了)

02. on top
定义: 居于领导, 胜利或成功的地位.
例句: It's vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and a cherry on top. (它是香草冰淇淋浇上巧克力酱, 上面再摆个樱桃)
图片
香草冰淇淋浇上巧克力酱, 上面再摆个樱桃

03. on top of
定义: 在控制下, 对情况了若指掌, 突然接近; 除此之外.
例句: The weeds were terrible, but the new gardener was soon on top of them. (这些杂草真讨厌, 不过这名新园丁很快就把它们控制住)

04. on top of one another
定义: 叠罗汉, 叠高; 很接近, 拥挤.
例句: In these condominiums people are living right on top of one another. (在这些公寓里, 人们很拥挤地住在一起)
图片
住在拥挤的公寓里

05. on top of this/that
定义: 除此之外.
例句: On top of being dull, he's unfriendly. (他除了枯燥无趣之外, 他对人还不友善)

06. on top of the world
定义: 飞黄腾达, 意气风发, 得意洋洋.
例句: I was on top of the world when I found out that I'd gotten an A on my hardest exam. (当我得知我最难的考试我的得分是A的时候, 我那时意气风发, 得意洋洋)

07. on track
定义: 恢复正常, 持续正确路线, 循正轨发展.
例句: After solving a few tough problems, our project is back on track. (解决了几个棘手问题之后, 我们的工程又恢复正常)

08. on trial
定义: 在法庭受审, 受测试中, 被试用中.
例句: The man charged with the assault is on trial now. He's in court today. (这名被控袭击他人罪的嫌犯现在正在法庭受审. 他今天出庭)

09. on vacation
定义: 在渡假中.
例句: I don't really feel like getting up early when I'm on vacation. (我在放假的时候, 我真不想早起)

10. on view
定义: 给予公开的检查; 公开展示.
例句: There's a new gemstones exhibition on view at the museum. (一个新开幕的宝石展览会在博物馆公开展示)

11. on vinyl
定义: 录制在黑胶唱片.
例句: I've always been told music sounds better on vinyl, but I honestly can't hear one bit of difference. (总是有人说黑胶唱片的音乐品质比较好, 不过老实说, 我还真听不出一点的差别)

12. on watch, be
定义: 站岗, 警戒; 监督, 管理.
例句: Who's on watch now? (现在谁在值班?)

13. on welfare
定义: 接受政府福利救济.
例句: It was really disheartening having to be on welfare these past six months, but it was the only thing that kept our family afloat after I lost my job. (过去六个月我们不得不接受政府福利救济确实是令人难过, 但是它是我们家庭在我失业之后让我们生存下去唯一的办法)

14. on your back foot, be
定义: 居于劣势或守势.
例句: I was on my back foot for most of the season. I don't think I had a bad season by any means, but I always felt like I was playing catch-up. (这个球季的大部分时候我都居于劣势. 我一点都不觉得我这个球季不顺利, 但我总觉得我好像一直在努力地追赶)

15. on your bike
定义: 我不同意; 我不要听; 走开.
例句: All right kids, on your bikes, you're starting to get on my nerves! (好了小伙伴们, 你们可以走了, 你们开始在激怒我了!)

16. on your guard
定义: 你要提高警觉, 小心, 警惕.
例句: Be on your guard when you buy a used car – don't buy a lemon. (你们买旧车的时候要提高警觉 – 别买一部问题汽车)

17. on your head be it
定义: [警告语]假如你硬要做的话, 后果皆你自行负责.
例句: If she wants to quit this high-paying job to chase after some fantasy of being a travel writer, then on her head be it. (如果你想要辞去这份高薪工作去追求成为一名旅游作家的梦想, 那么后果皆由她自行负责)

18. on your mark(s), get set, go!
定义: [赛跑用语]各就各位, 准备, 跑!
例句: Is everyone ready? OK then, on your marks, get set, go! (大家都准备好了吗? 那好吧, 各就各位, 准备, 跑!)

19. on your own
定义: 只有靠你自己, 独力对付, 自食其力.
例句: You're on your own this time. You had your chance to turn things around, and you blew it. (你这次只有靠你自己了. 你曾经有机会扭转颓势, 而你却搞砸了)

20. on your side
定义: 支持你, 站在你这边.
例句: We are on your side, Jimmy. And we all want you to succeed. (我们都支持你, 吉米. 我们都希望你成功)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 56 访客