royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 837

帖子 royl » 周三 10月 02, 2019 10:40 pm

二十笔实用成语 837

01. one man's loss is another man's gain
定义: [谚语]一个人的损失是另一人的收获; 一个人的挫败是另一人的机会.
例句: "Andy just got fired." "I know. And Andy's loss is my gain; I'm getting promoted to his job!" ("安迪刚才被解雇了." "我知道. 而安迪的损失却是我的收获; 我被晋升到他的职位上了!")

02. one man's meat is another man's poison
定义: [谚语]每人口味不同. (注: 意指一个人的肉食可能是另一人的毒药)
例句: "I really don't understand the appeal of the Harry Potter series. There are so many better books out there!" "One man's meat is another man's poison." ("我真不明白哈利•波特系列小说有什么吸引力. 坊间有许多更好书籍!" "每人口味不同. 你喜欢的书别人不一定喜欢.")
图片
哈利•波特系列小说

03. one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter
定义: [谚语]每人立场不同. (注: 意指一个人眼中的恐怖份子可能是另一人眼中的自由斗士)
例句: It's been said that "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter." As there is no agreed definition of terrorism, the situation remains clouded in law. (有人说"一个人眼中的恐怖份子可能是另一人眼中的自由斗士." 因为没有公定的恐怖主义定义, 这个情况在法律上仍然含糊不清)

04. one measly dollar
定义: 区区一块钱; 才一块钱.
例句: When the Texas Lottery reaches the $20 million mark, spending one measly dollar for a slip of paper with lucky numbers on it seems to make perfect sense. (当德州乐透累积赌注金增加到两千万的价码, 花费区区一块钱买一张上面印着幸运号码的纸条似乎是最理想的投资)

05. One million people are still without power.
[成语句型]一百万人还没有电力供应.

06. one moment please
定义: 请你等一下.
例句: "Yes, hello. May I speak to Mrs. Wei?" "One moment please. I'll see if she's available." ("是的, 喂. 我能够跟魏太太讲话吗?" "请你等一下. 让我看看她在不在.")

07. one of a kind
定义: 极为特殊; 独一无二; 只此一件.
例句: I don't know how we'll ever replace Mary after she retires. She's really one of a kind. (玛丽退休之后, 我不知道我们将如何找出能够取代她的人选. 她确实是极为特殊的人才)

08. one of the greatest writers of our time, be
定义: 我们这时代/现代最伟大的作家之一. (注: 这里的writers可以用scientists或actors或任何相似的名词)
例句: Professor Hawking was one of the greatest scientists of our time, as well as an inspiring instance of human spirit and humor in the face of illness and difficulty. (霍金教授曾是我们这时代最伟大的科学家之一, 他也是以人文精神和幽默面对残疾和困境的一位令人鼓舞的典范)
图片
已于2018年过逝的英国理论物理学家霍金博士

09. one of the only
定义: 极少数(少之又少)的一次, 一种, 一个, 等等.
例句: That was one of the only times I ever saw my father cry. (那是极少数的一次我看见我父亲哭泣)

10. one of these days
定义: 总有一天.
例句: One of these days, I'm going to buy myself a boat. (总有一天我会给自己买一艘船)

11. one or the other
定义: 非此即彼; 两者任何一个.
例句: One or the other of us will have to go. (我们两人有一人必须要去)

12. one or two
定义: 几个; 一两个.
例句: I have a problem with one or two provisions in the contract. (这份合同中的几则条文我有一个问题)

13. one other thing
定义: 还有一件事.
例句: There's one other thing we need to discuss before you leave. (在你离开之前我有还有一件事必须要跟你商量)

14. one out of every ten
定义: 十件中有一件. (注: 这里的ten可以用其他的数字取代)
例句: One out of every five people in this country will be the victim of an alcohol-related car crash during their lifetime. (这个国家平均五人中有一人在他们有生之年里将成为与酒精有关的车祸受害者)

15. one over (the) eight
定义: 超过八杯, 微醉的, 喝多了一点的. (注: 有个说法就是一个人喝八杯酒就差不多要醉, 如果超过八杯就会喝醉)
例句: I was composed and in control of myself for most of the evening, but somewhere around midnight, I had one over the eight and started making a show of myself. (这个晚上大部分的时间我都保持镇静和自制, 但在半夜某个时分, 我喝多了并且还出了丑)

16. one picture is worth ten thousand words
定义: [谚语]一图胜过千言万语的描述.
例句: I know I'm doing a bad job of capturing the scene by describing it, so just look at this picture from their website – one picture is worth ten thousand words, isn't it? (我知道我对这幅景色的描述做得不够淋漓尽致, 所以只要来看看他们网站所登载的这张照片– 一图胜过千言万语的描述, 不是吗?)

17. one step at a time
定义: 一步一步来, 循序渐进, 不可操之过急.
例句: It is entirely possible for this project to succeed. We just need to proceed one step at a time. (这项工程的成功是完全可能的. 我们只需要一步一步来, 循序渐进便可)

18. one step closer to
定义: 更进一步地接近.
例句: Good news everyone, we are one step closer to delivering on that promise. (告诉大家一件好消息, 我们距离我们履行那个承诺的目标更进一步地接近)

19. one step forward, two steps back
定义: 进一步, 退两步; 举步维艰; 时进时退.
例句: So many administrative hurdles have been thrown up along the way that this project has been one step forward and two steps back ever since we began! (自从我们开始这项工程之后, 一路上有许许多多的行政障碍被树立起来, 造成我们举步维艰, 进度时进时退!)

20. one swallow does not make a summer
定义: [谚语]一个小进展并不代表万事顺利; 不能以偏盖全.
例句: "I got a good grade on this quiz! My troubles in school are over." "One swallow does not a summer make but this is a good sign." ("我这个临时抽考得了好成绩! 我在学校的烦恼都将结束了." "一个小进展不代表万事顺利, 不过这是个好现象.")

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 46 访客