royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 838

帖子 royl » 周五 10月 18, 2019 12:35 am

二十笔实用成语 838

01. one that got away, the
定义: 令人惋惜的损失; 漏网之鱼.
例句: He still talks about that failed deal as the one that got away. (他仍再谈论那笔没做成的生意有如一件令人扼腕的损失)

02. one thing leads to another
定义: 一来二去; 不知不觉地一件引发另一件事; 鬼使神差.
例句: We were just going to meet for coffee, but one thing led to another and we spent the whole night walking around the city and talking. (我们本来只是碰个面喝咖啡的, 但是一来二去, 我们不知不觉地居然整个夜里一面逛街一面聊天)

03. one tough cookie; a tough cookie
定义: 强硬不好惹的人.
例句: A pushover is not how I'd describe her. Behind that sweet smile, there lies a tough cookie. (我可不认为她是个好欺负的人. 在那个甜美笑容的背后隐藏的是一个不好惹的女人)

04. one up on someone
定义: 比某人占先机, 略胜一筹.
例句: He's just mad because Sarah is one up on him after their yearly performance reviews. (他之所以愤愤不平是因为在年度业绩评鉴上莎拉的成绩比他略胜一筹)

05. one way and another; one way and the other; one way or another; one way or the other
定义: 总要想办法; 不管怎样; 两者选其一; 无论从哪面去看; 反正.
例句: Don't worry, one way or another, we'll find out who did this to your car. (别担心, 不管怎样我们都会找出那个糟蹋你车子的人)

06. one whit of
定义: 一丁点, 一丝一毫.
例句: Whether you like it or not doesn't make one whit of difference to me. (你喜不喜欢它对我来说都无所谓)

07. one will think of something
定义: 会想出解决办法, 理由, 借口.
例句: I'm sure you'll think of something, you always do. Besides, it doesn't even start for another five hours. (我相信你会想出解决办法, 你总是有办法的. 而且, 它还在五个钟头之后才开始)

08. one word says it all
定义: 一语道尽; 显而易见; 一言以蔽之.
例句: An Airbnb host who cancelled a reservation and told the guest, "One word says it all. Asian." (一名爱彼迎民宿房东取消一份房屋出租的预约并且告诉这名房客, "一言以蔽之. 亚洲人." 注: 意指房东之所以拒绝租给这名房客的理由很简单, 因为她是亚洲人)

09. one-armed bandit, a
定义: 吃角子老虎, 赌场的投钱币赌博机器.
例句: He spent the whole weekend with a one-armed bandit and now has no money. (他整个周末在玩吃角子老虎, 现在他输得精光, 身无分文)
图片
吃角子老虎

10. one-eyed trouser snake, an
定义: [俚语]男子性器官.
例句: They said there's a guy going around flashing his one-eyed trouser snake to people in the park. (他们说有一名男子在这个公园内四处向人们暴露他的性器官)

11. one-hit wonder, a
定义: 只靠单一歌曲或一部电影成名的艺人.
例句: I'm surprised that band was a one-hit wonder. I enjoyed several songs on their album, but only the one big single ever got radio play. (我很讶异这个乐团居然只靠一首单曲成名.我很喜欢他们这张专辑唱片的几首歌, 但只有那首很受欢迎的单曲曾经在电台被播放)

12. one-horse race, a
定义: 一面倒的比赛. (注: 因为只有一个竞争者远强过其他竞争者)
例句: After interviewing all of the job candidates, it's clearly a one-horse race. Nobody can beat Kyle's experience and qualifications. (面试所有求职者之后, 显然这是一个一面倒的竞赛. 没人能够胜过凯尔的工作经验和条件)

13. one-horse town, a
定义: 冷清的小镇.
例句: I can't wait to graduate high school and get out of this boring, one-horse town! (我真迫不及待高中毕业, 离开这个乏味的冷清小镇!)

14. one-man band, a
定义: 一人乐团或独角戏; 一手包. (注: 意指一人独力包揽所有大小事务)
例句: Most small businesses start out as a one-man band with the owner doing everything himself until he can afford to hire help. (几乎所有的小型企业起步的时候都是一手包由业主一人包揽所有的大小事务直到他能够有足够的钱雇用帮手为止)

15. one-night stand, a
定义: 一夜情, 短暂偶发的性爱.
例句: He's the type for one-night stands, not relationships. (他是那种只要一夜情而不要长久关系的男人)

16. one-on-one training, a
定义: 一对一的训练.
例句: The effectiveness of one-on-one training sessions, will allow a facilitator to present interactive sessions with the learner. (一对一训练课程的高效率, 将允许推动者提供给学习者互动式的课程)

17. one's bag, be
定义: 自己的嗜好或专长.
例句: I knew classic literature was your bag, so I thought you might like this book I found. (我知道你的专长是古典文学, 所以我想你也许会喜欢我找到的这本书)

18. one's chance to sound off, be
定义: 你表达自己意见的机会.
例句: This is your chance to sound off and share your views with others. (这是你表达自己意见以及和他人分享你看法的机会)

19. one's conscience is clean/clear
定义: 对得起自己良心, 没有罪恶感, 自己是无辜的.
例句: My conscience is clear and if I had to make the same decisions again, I would. (我对得起自己良心, 如果我必须再度做出同样决定​​的话, 我还是会的)

20. one's day off
定义: 某人的休息日或休假日.
例句: Tomorrow is my day off. I can work late tonight and get extra sleep tomorrow. (我明天休假. 我今晚可以工作到很晚, 明天再多睡会儿)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 43 访客