royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 862

帖子 royl » 周一 1月 20, 2020 2:52 am

二十笔实用成语 862

01. patently false/untrue, be
定义: 显然地错误的.
例句: Why do you bother posting lies here? What you said is patently false! (你干嘛还费事在这里张贴谎言? 你所说的全都是一派胡言!)

02. path of least resistance, the
定义: 阻力最小或最容易的途径; 最方便省力途径; 最不会引发冲突, 不安或争议的方法.
例句: Tom will follow the path of least resistance. I prefer challenges. I usually won't take that path. (汤姆一定会依循最方便省力的方法来做. 我比较喜欢挑战. 我一般是不会采取那种做法)

03. pathological liar, a
定义: 习惯性, 病态的说谎者.
例句: For several years I have ignored my neighbor, Mr. Chen. This guy, a pathological liar, tells grandiose lies that sometimes stretch the limits of believability. (几年来我已经不把我邻居陈先生的话当真了. 这家伙是个习惯性说谎者, 喜欢说一些浮夸的大话, 有时候让人难以置信)

04. require the patience of a saint, to
定义: 需要极大耐性. (注: 意指需要像圣人般的耐性或容忍)
例句: This field of work requires the patience of a saint, so if you're looking for immediate results, you're in the wrong profession. (这个行业的工作需要极大耐性, 因此如果你是那种指望立即成果的人, 你入错了行业了)

05. require the patience of Job, to
定义: 需要极大耐性. (注: 意指需要像圣人般的耐性或容忍)
例句: You need the patience of Job to deal with customers like that. (你需要极大耐性来应付这种客户. 注: 这里的Job是旧约圣经的一位人物– 约伯, 他经历重重苦难仍旧对他的上帝保持虔诚信仰)

06. patient as a spider, be (as)
定义: 很有耐心.
例句: She is capable of great feats of strength but can also be as patient as a spider in its web. (她既有能力胜任威力巨大的壮举但也能够充满了耐心)

07. patter of tiny feet, the
定义: 快要生小孩.
例句: Eric and Heather are expecting the patter of tiny feet on August 5. (埃瑞克和海瑟儿预计将在八月五号迎来小宝宝)

08. Paul, is this you?
[成语句型]保罗, 是你吗?

09. pave the way for ..., to
定义: 为...铺路, 为...制造机会, 为...做好准备.
例句: Pioneers like her paved the way for women to have careers in the sciences. (像她这样的先驱为女人们从事科学领域的生涯开出一条道路)

10. pawn off, to
定义: 偷天换日, 以欺骗意图取代, 将不值钱某物当高价物品卖; 把无名小卒当大明星推出.
例句: There are always guys pawning off cheap watches as Rolexes in this part of town. (在这片城区总是有人拿廉价仿造手表冒充劳力士等名贵手表来卖)
图片
冒充名贵手表的廉价仿造手表

11. pay $100 down, to
定义: 付一百块美元头款. (注: 这里的金额$100只是一个例子, 可以由你来改变)
例句: I paid $500 down and then they told me to pay the rest of down payment $500 by March 31st. (我付了五百块美元作头款, 然后他们告诉我在三月三十一日之前还要支付剩下的五百块美元头款)

12. pay a call/visit on someone, to
定义: 拜访某人.
例句: We need to pay a call on Grandma Wendy and find out how her trip to Florida was. (我们应该要拜访温蒂奶奶, 问候她去佛罗里达州旅行玩得如何)

13. pay a compliment to someone, to
定义: 赞扬或恭维某人.
例句: Tony paid you a compliment today, Rita. He said you have a lovely garden. (今天东尼赞扬了你一翻, 丽塔. 他說妳有一座漂亮可爱的花园)

14. pay a high price, to
定义: 付出昂贵的代价. (注: 意指犯下错误或为了取得另一事或物所付出高代价)
例句: Well, it has happened, and we are going to pay a high price for it. No one can say that we had no warning. (好了, 终于发生了, 我们将要为此付出昂贵的代价. 没有人会说我们没有得到警告)

15. pay a lot more, to
定义: 付得多出许多.
例句: When it comes to the insurance renewal, these insured drivers are often expected to pay a lot more for their premium and that makes it unaffordable. (每当碰到保险要续约的时候, 这些被保的驾驶人往往被视理所当然该付出更多的保费, 这也就使保险费令人支付不起)

16. pay attention to something/someone, to
定义: 专心注意.
例句: Pay close attention to what she says. (专心注意她所说的话)

17. pay back, to
定义: 偿还, 付债, 报答, 报复, 回报.
例句: He said he would pay back every cent he borrowed from us. (他说他会偿还跟我们借的每一分钱)

18. pay bribes, to
定义: 行贿.
例句: They will probably have to pay larger bribes and offer better terms to overcome their questionable past. (他们很可能会大量行贿和提出更诱人条款来克服他们令人启疑的过去记录)

19. pay cash, to
定义: (购买物品或服务)付现金. (注: 在美国, 所谓的现金是指纸钞和硬币以区别银行卡, 信用卡, 或支票等付款形式)
例句: We were forced to pay cash since the card machine was not working. (由于信用卡机器坏了, 我们被迫支付现金)
图片
信用卡机器

20. pay court to someone, to
定义: 讨好某人; 追求某人的喜爱或感情; 试图获取某人的好处或偏爱.
例句: They have so much money that they can have an army of lobbyists paying court to politicians in order to maintain their agenda. (他们拥有充沛的财力, 所以他们可以雇用大批的游说人员试图讨好从政者以便维持他们的政治企图)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 51 访客