royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 942

帖子 royl » 周一 1月 18, 2021 4:14 pm

二十笔实用成语 942

01. run in place, to
定义: 原地踏步, 一无进展.
例句: I feel like I'm just running in place because I still haven't been able to prove my hypothesis after weeks of experiments. (我觉得我好像一直在原地踏步, 一无进展因为我虽然做了几个星期的实验, 我还是没办法证明我的假设是正确的)

02. run in the blood/family, to
定义: 家传共同特征, 特质; 世代相传.
例句: My grandparents lived well into their nineties, and it runs in the family. (我爷爷奶奶他们健康地活到了九十几岁, 这是我们家传的特征)

03. run in, to
定义: 插入额外东西; 长篇大论而不中断也不分段; 犯轻罪而被警方逮捕; [英国]小心使用新机器直到有效运行为止; 不期地拜访.
例句: I ran in to see my sister at her office before I left for the weekend. (在周末离开之前, 我没打招呼就去我姊姊的办公室探望她)

04. run interference, to
定义: 为了防止某人不受伤害或面临窘况做出的特殊安排.
例句: I ran interference at my party so that my recently divorced friends didn't have to talk to each other. (在我举办的派对上我做出了一个预防性安排让我这两个刚离婚的朋友避开必须跟对方交谈的窘况)

05. run into a brick/stone wall, to
定义: 碰到无法克服的难关.
例句: Our project was going well, but we run into the brick wall when our funding was suddenly cut. (我们的工作项目本来进行得相当顺利, 但当我们的资金链被突然切断的时候, 我们碰到这个无法克服的难关)

06. run into debt, to
定义: 负债.
例句: If you spend more with your credit cards than you can reasonably pay off, you'll run into debt before you know it. (如果你的信用卡花费超过你合理偿还能力的话, 那么你将会很快地让自己负债)

07. run into someone, to
定义: 不期而遇到某人.
例句: Guess who I ran into today? You know the older woman who used to live in our neighborhood, very pleasant, kind of a busybody? (你猜我今天碰到谁了? 你知道那个曾经住在我们附近的老太太, 那个很亲切和善, 有点多管闲事的老太太?)

08. run into the sand, to
定义: 陷入停滞僵局; 受到挫折或阻碍.
例句: The young company showed great promise and began making some real growth, but recently they've run into the sand. (这家新公司曾经显示出很大的卓越潜力并且开始取得一些实在的增长但是近来他们却陷入了停滞的僵局)

09. run into, to
定义: 带某人去某地; 转变为; 合并, 融合; 负债; 累积; 撞上; 不期而遇, 偶然找到.
例句: I can't believe you ran your car into the side of a building. Were you drunk or something? (我真不敢相信你居然开着你的车子撞上了这栋楼的墙. 你喝醉了还是怎么了?)

10. run its course, to
定义: 顺其自然. 让它自然地发展到其结束.
例句: Unfortunately, there's no treatment for this kind of infection. You just have to let it run its course. (不幸的是, 你这个感染没有医药治疗. 你只有让它自然的发展到它结束为止)

11. run like crazy/hell, to
定义: 拼命地奔跑.
例句: I had to run like hell to catch the bus this morning. (今天早上我必须要拼命地奔跑才能赶上那班公车)

12. run loose, to
定义: 跑掉了; 自由流窜.
例句: I admit that it was my fault because my dog ran loose with no leash. (我承认那是我的错因为我的狗在没戴牵狗绳的情况下跑掉了)
图片
宠物狗的牵绳

13. run low (on), to
定义: 快要用完.
例句: We're running low on paper towels right now, so please use them judiciously. (目前我们纸巾快要用完了, 因此请明智地使用它们)
图片
家常擦拭污垢, 擦干湿物等用途的纸巾

14. run of (bad) luck, a
定义: 一连串的好或坏运.
例句: I've just had a run of bad luck lately. After losing my job, I found out that I won't be entitled to any social welfare payments while I look for work. (我最近碰到了一连串的不顺心事情. 失业之后, 我发现我在找工作的时候没有资格领取社会福利金)

15. run off at the mouth, to
定义: 喋喋不休地乱讲话, 爱自我吹捧; 口无遮拦地胡说八道.
例句: We would have gotten away with our plan if your dumb boyfriend hadn't started running off at the mouth all over town. (如果没有你那个蠢男友在各处口无遮拦地乱说话的话, 我们的计划本应得以奏效)

16. run off with someone, to
定义: 与别人私奔; 与某一起逃逸.
例句: She was all set to marry the son of her father's business partner, but she ran away with her high school sweetheart at the last minute. (她本来都准备好要嫁给她父亲生意合伙人的儿子, 但是她却在最后一刻跟她的高中恋人一起私奔)

17. run off with something, to
定义: 顺手牵羊, 带走不属于自己的东西; 得到高度成就或成功.
例句: The whole production was great, but the woman who played Harriet ran off with the show, if you ask me. (依我的看法, 这整出剧的制作非常卓越, 但这名扮演哈丽雅特的女子却在这出剧上展现了最佳演技)

18. run off your feet, be
定义: 马不停蹄, 忙得不可开交.
例句: With three young kids, it's hard to remember a time when I wasn't run off my feet. (有了三个年幼子女要照顾, 我几乎无时无刻都是忙得不可开交. 注: 意指想要找一个空闲时刻对于一位有三个年幼子女要照顾的母亲来说是相当困难的)

19. run off, to
定义: 轻松流畅地朗诵, 写作, 制作; 播放, 表演到结束; 由决赛决定胜负; 执行; 匆匆离开; 逃逸; 冲离道路; 流入(例如一条河流入海); 赶走(入侵者); 盗走(例如偷赶牛群); 印刷, 复印.
例句: Motor vehicles release small amount of oil and gas each day that can eventually run off into and pollute the oceans. (每天汽车释放出的小量机油和汽油能够最终流入并且污染海洋)

20. on a whim, to
定义: 一时兴起; 一时冲动; 随心所欲; 突然想到什么就做什么.
例句: On a whim, we drove to the beach for the weekend. (我们一时兴起便开车到海滩去渡周末)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 53 访客