royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 3

帖子 royl » 周五 12月 10, 2010 8:14 pm

二十笔实用成语 3

01. a bit of fluff
定义: [英国与澳洲]性感女人, 性玩偶.
例句: Who was that nice bit of fluff I saw you with last night? (我昨晚看到跟你在一起的是哪一位性感的小姑娘?)

02. a bit of how's your father
定义: [英国与澳洲幽默语]性行为.
例句: Apparently he came home and discovered them having a bit of how's your father in the kitchen. (显然他回家发现他们两个在厨房做爱)

03. a bit of rough
定义: [英国与澳洲幽默语]有点粗暴的性行为, 粗汉爱人或性伴侣.
例句: Jenny's chatting up the barman again. She likes a bit of rough. (珍妮又跟男调酒员搭讪. 她喜欢粗汉性伴侣)

04. a bit of skirt
定义: [英国与澳洲]性感的女人, 性玩偶.
例句: All I want is a bank account and a bit of skirt. (我只想要的是钱和女人)

05. a bit on the side
定义: [英国与澳洲幽默语]在外偷情, 偷腥, 红杏出墙.
例句: Her boyfriend turned out to be a married man who considered her nothing but a bit on the side. (她的男友原来是个已婚男人, 纯粹把她当作为偷情对象)

06. a bit over-the-top, be
定义: 有点过份, 过度的, 过于戏剧化, 太贵的, 奢侈的.
例句: Your emotional outburst was a bit over-the-top. (你的情绪发泄有点过于戏剧化)

07. a bon chat, bon rat
定义: [法语]势均力敌, 旗鼓相当.
例句: A bon chat, bon rat! In other words, you have to compete to survive. (势均力敌! 换句话说, 你为了生存就必须竞争)

08. a cloud of controversy/uncertainty/doubt hanging over ...
定义: ...笼罩在争议/不确定/怀疑的乌云下.
例句: HP CEO resigns under a cloud of controversy. (笼罩在争议的乌云下, 惠普首席执行长辞职)

09. a credit to someone/something, be
定义: 某人或某事替...争光.
例句: That engineer is a credit to the team. (那位工程师替他队伍争光)

10. a cut above ..., be
定义: 傲视同侪, 优异于..., 比...强.
例句: Jack Jones, a cut above the rest, is among the top jazz singers of the 1960s. (杰克.琼斯, 傲视同侪, 是六零年代最优秀的爵士乐歌手之一)

11. a drag on something, be
定义: 成为某事进步的阻力.
例句: Rising gas prices could be a drag on economic recovery. (日益上升的汽油价格可能成为经济复苏的阻力)

12. a father-to-be, a mother-to-be
定义: 准父亲, 准妈妈(显然她已经怀孕了).
例句: A mother-to-be turns to Feng-shui and creates her baby's first room. (一位准妈妈借助风水来创新她婴儿第一间房间)

13. a few
定义: 有一些. (注: 意指不是很多)
例句: For a few dollars more, you could get a much more modern refurbished laptop. (再加一点钱, 你可以买到更现代版的翻新膝上型电脑)

14. a few bricks short of a full load, be
定义: [不尊重语]笨笨的, 脑子不灵活.
例句: When Moe began eating bugs, we knew he was a few bricks short. (当牟开始吃虫子, 我们了解到他脑子不灵光)

15. a few bricks short of a pyramid, be
定义: [不尊重语]笨笨的, 脑子不灵活.
例句: You must be a few bricks short of a pyramid; you don't understand a thing I just said. (你脑子有问题, 我刚才说的话你一句都听不懂)

16. a few fries short of a happy meal, be
定义: [不尊重语]笨笨的, 脑子不灵活. (注: happy meal是套餐之意, 包括汉堡, 炸薯条和冷饮; 如果套餐缺些薯条就暗示头脑不全)
例句: For those who don't know basic math like 1% of $100 if $1, you're a few fries short of a happy meal. (那些连基本数学如一百块钱的百分之一是一块钱, 你脑子有问题)

17. a fool for one's pains, be
定义: 费力不讨好, 自找麻烦.
例句: He who abstains will be regarded by the world as a fool for his pains. (禁欲者被世人视为自找麻烦者)

18. a good few
定义: 相当多, 真不少.
例句: I spent a good few minutes reading it and realizing I don't know enough about it. (我花了不少时间研读它却了解我对它懂得不多)

19. a good many
定义: 很多, 许多, 大量.
例句: The Mexican economy has a good many success stories, and it's good to point them out. (墨西哥经济有许多成功的故事, 理应指出它们)

20. a good part of
定义: 大部份, 大量.
例句: I spent a good part of a week sorting through the family history. (我花了一个星期大部份时间整理归类家史)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 49 访客