royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 904

帖子 royl » 周六 7月 18, 2020 10:42 am

二十笔实用成语 904

01. put on the ritz, to
定义: 装阔绰, 摆出高尚与奢华排场.
例句: My wife always feels like she has to put on the ritz whenever my parents come to visit. (我妻子总是觉得每当我父母来我们家住的时候她必须摆出奢华排场)

02. put on the/a wooden overcoat, to
定义: 死亡, 进棺材.
例句: She'll be putting on a wooden overcoat soon if she doesn't start changing her diet and lifestyle. (如果她再不改变她的饮食习惯和生活方式的话, 她将会很快地把自己送上死亡之路)

03. put on weight, to
定义: 增加体重, 变胖.
例句: He has put on a lot of weight since he stopped going to the gym. (自从他不再去健身房之后, 他体重增加了许多)

04. put on, to
定义: 穿戴衣帽; 假装或伪装; 表演, 制造假象; 使力, 启动; 加上, 得到, 增加; 夸张, 夸大其词; 开玩笑, 糊弄.
例句: Put on your facial mask before entering the clinic. (进入诊所之前先戴上你的口罩)

05. put one foot in front of the other, to
定义: 坚持不懈; 努力向前走; 谨慎小心地走和工作.
例句: It's a long hike, but we'll get there if we just keep putting one foot in front of the other. (这是一次漫长的徒步旅行, 但是如果我们努力不懈地向前走的话我们肯定会到达目的地)

06. put one in a favorable position, to
定义: 把自己置于有利的地位.
例句: There are definitely things you can do to put yourself in a favorable position like developing and nurturing your network, blogging, and building following. (为了令你居于有利地位, 有些事你必须要做, 例如开发和培育你的人际网路, 发表网上文章, 以及建立你的跟随者群)

07. put one over on, to
定义: 糊弄, 愚弄, 设骗局诱人上当.
例句: I'm not as naïve as I once was, so you won't be putting one over on me again! (我可不像以前那么单纯, 所以你别想让我再次上当!)

08. put one's ass on the line, to
定义: [不雅语]冒极大险, 亲上火线冒险犯难.
例句: I don't want to put my ass on the line for him – he wouldn't appreciate it anyway. (我不想为他冒这么大的险 – 再说他也不会感激我)

09. put one's back into it, to
定义: 全力以赴, 埋头苦干.
例句: It just shows what can be achieved when people commit to something and put their backs into it. (这正显示出当人们决心要做某件事并且全力以赴埋头苦干的话, 什么都可以达成的)

10. put one's face on, to
定义: 化妆脸部.
例句: She never leaves the house without putting her face on first. (她从来都是先化妆好才出门的)

11. put one's feelings into words, to
定义: 用语言或文字表达出自己感情.
例句: I'm writing to let you know how I feel about you. I don't know how to tell you face to face, so I am going to put my feelings into words now. (我写信给你是让你知道我对你的心意. 我不知道如何跟你面对面地说些什么, 因此现在我要把我对你的感情用文字表达出来)

12. put one's foot down, to
定义: 采取坚决, 强硬的立场.
例句: He put his foot down and didn't allow any more money to be spent on company entertainment. (他果断地下达他的命令, 不允许更多的金钱花费在公司的娱乐上)

13. put one's foot in the/one's mouth, to; put one's foot in it, to
定义: 脱口失言, 令自己尴尬; 说出不得体的话, 令自己难堪.
例句: I put my foot in my mouth this morning, I asked the overweight girl if she was pregnant. (我今天早上说出了不得体的话, 我问那位身材肥胖女孩是否怀孕了)

14. put one's hand to the plough, to
定义: 着手工作或任务.
例句: We've spent a long time planning our business model, and now it's time to put our hand to the plough. (我们已经花了很长的时间来策划我们的商业模式, 现在正是开展实际工作的时候了)

15. put one's hand to, to
定义: 着手工作; 尝试某事.
例句: Now that I'm on a pretty stable career path, I'd like to put my hand to learning the saxophone in my spare time. (现在我正处于一个相当稳定的生涯道路上, 我想在我的工作之余尝试学习萨克斯風乐器)
图片
萨克斯風

16. put one's hands on, to
定义: 取得, 寻获; 用手接触; 抚摸或性骚扰; 落入手中(尤其有加害或处罚之意).
例句: When I put my hands on Tom, he will be sorry he ever lied to me. (我要是找到汤姆的话, 他将会后悔他曾欺骗了我)

17. put one's head/neck on the block/line, to
定义: 冒极大险, 亲上火线冒险犯难, 把你的信誉, 身家全部赌上.
例句: I don't know why I should put my head on the block for you. What have you ever done for me? (我不知道我为什么为你冒这么大的危险. 你又为我做了些什么? )

18. put one's heart in it, to
定义: 全心全意投入某事; 热心地学习或成就某事.
例句: She decided to quit; her heart just wasn't in this kind of work. (她决定辞职; 她对这种工作并不热衷)

19. put one's mind at ease/rest, to
定义: 使人放宽心, 缓和焦虑及平静下来.
例句: I know you're anxious to hear how your father is doing after the surgery, so let me put your mind at ease – he's going to make a full recovery. (我知道你很想要听到你父亲手术后的情况如何, 所以让我来使你放宽心– 他会完全康复的)

20. put one's own house in order, to
定义: 管好自家事, 把个人事务整顿好.
例句: He should put his own house in order before he tells others what to do. (他应该先管好自家事再去管别人的事)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 44 访客